Where are we with RHD in Ontario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are we with RHD in Ontario?

I've been considering a Skyline for my next car and I have to say, if I find the right one, I'll be pretty excited.

I was talking to some friends today though and they said don't bother. In a few months to a year, RHDs will be banned across Canada. They said once passed, I won't be able to get my plate sticker anymore. Is this true? BTW, I'm new to the RHD scene.

Let me guess your friend that you asked DOES NOT even own a skyline?

Until they change the rule from 15 years to 25 years then it is ok. So far all I heard is Quebec banned RHD's from being imported. That's all!

Comment

no i really doubt this is true and wrong section. should be in the legalase
      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

When your car is plated, it is PLATED. No matter what. If they want to refuse to plate your car as its already plated they will have to pay you :P

I live in quebec, it sux but they made RHD's illegal until they turn 25years old, so that means every sky out there are illegal ? no ! they just said : the ones that are already plated are legal, but we won't plate any other RHD's that will be imported.

So you are fine, BUY IT !

Comment

So just to be clear, once I register my car in Ontario, even if they put a ban on RHD cars, they can't deny me a sticker. Thanks guys. That's what I thought.

Comment

once your car is registered and if they ban them then your car is grandfathered in and cant be denied insurance no matter what
            Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Lesson learned: go to a reputable source, not a bunch of friends lol.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by JZ View Post
                Lesson learned: go to a reputable source, not a bunch of retards lol.
                there fixed it for you lol
                Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

There is no indication whatsoever that RHD will be banned. I'm very close to removing this thread as it only serves as another piece of misinformation. Your friends are entirely incorrect and spreading rumours.

And I believe Quebec did not make it illegal to import RHDs, but closed vehicle registrations to RHD.
                  Sign up for GTRC Premium Membership and get 2 of the new GT-R Canada stickers!
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/general-skyline-discussion/45662-gtrc-premium-membership.html#post437410

Comment

Originally posted by GTRC Admin View Post
                    There is no indication whatsoever that RHD will be banned. I'm very close to removing this thread as it only serves as another piece of misinformation. Your friends are entirely incorrect and spreading rumours.

And I believe Quebec did not make it illegal to import RHDs, but closed vehicle registrations to RHD.
                    dont forget about PEI they too banned new registrations of RHD's cause you know the 20 or so that are in PEI pose such a high risk to the other few thousand cars...
                    How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                    \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by GTRC Admin View Post

True, they just closed the registrations to RHD's. You can still import almost everythings you want.

Comment

Why do these threads keep popping up...? *Sigh*
                        We really need to do something about the general misconception on RHD vehicles
                        Originally posted by kengeroo
                        that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                        ...don't drink and ebay
                        '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Even if you're plated, if at some point you can't get/renew insurance, you can't renew your plates

Originally posted by Goodlucks7even View Post
                          When your car is plated, it is PLATED. No matter what. If they want to refuse to plate your car as its already plated they will have to pay you :P

I live in quebec, it sux but they made RHD's illegal until they turn 25years old, so that means every sky out there are illegal ? no ! they just said : the ones that are already plated are legal, but we won't plate any other RHD's that will be imported.

So you are fine, BUY IT !
                          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                          lol

Comment

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Good luck finding an insurance company that will take new RHD / Imported in Ontario for a reasonable rate.
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X