cool new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
    Seriously...as if I am going to write my address and car info on some unknown website lol.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking.... especially since I couldn't figure out what benefit I would receive in return for entering all my information.

I know in the web business selling ppls info is profitable for some people, so thats why it set me on edge that I couldn't register without entering all my info.

Even registration at a forum doesn't require phone number and address information.

I thought I'd give the site a channce and read their "about " page, but even that doesn't enlighten me as to the purpose or use of the information.... essentially, I just don't get it. I couldn't even find a proper End User License Agreement... does the owner of the site post on this forum and can explain it for us?

And I already have a tinfoil hat, I'm just waiting for the chin strap. LOL
    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Hey guys, I just noticed Eber's post. Great questions. I can answer them as I'm one of the owners of the site! I also used to own Ztune Motorsports, and we were a GTRC sponsor. The new website is meant to be a automotive community driven by your personal automotive interests, not just your friend's posts. Think of it as a smart Facebook, but for car guys! At least, that's where we're working to get...still lots of work to do.

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
      Hrmm.... I started the process but not that comfortable entering my personal info, I browsed the site and all I could find about what this site does is in the help page,... does any one know what this site is actually for? is it a forum? a blog? what is it exactly? lol
      On the contest registration page, as well as the footer of every page, we have our terms of use and privacy policy. Your info isn't shared with anyone except as allowed by you as per the site policies. We just collect info to make sure we can contact you if you win a prize! People change email frequently, so that's why we ask for phone # and address. We also need to tell the sponsor where to ship your prize, and we're also working on some localized features that will show you shops and events in your area. I'll make sure some additional links get added to the help section so that it's easier to find as well!

Thats exactly what I was thinking.... especially since I couldn't figure out what benefit I would receive in return for entering all my information.

I know in the web business selling ppls info is profitable for some people, so thats why it set me on edge that I couldn't register without entering all my info.

Even registration at a forum doesn't require phone number and address information.

I thought I'd give the site a channce and read their "about " page, but even that doesn't enlighten me as to the purpose or use of the information.... essentially, I just don't get it. I couldn't even find a proper End User License Agreement... does the owner of the site post on this forum and can explain it for us?

And I already have a tinfoil hat, I'm just waiting for the chin strap. LOL

Don't worry, we don't sell any personal information. When you use the normal registration page, you aren't asked for so much information, it's only required for the contest entry, and again, we respect your privacy settings.

As for the purpose of the site, check it out over the next few weeks. We'll have improvements and new features being turned on every few days. Who knows, maybe it will make a great place to hang, in addition to GTRC of course!

Appreciate any feedback you guys have. We just added the ability to add automotive shops and reviews if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Thanks,
      Mike
      Z owner, GT-R dreamer

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/members/mike300zxt.html

Comment

Just entered for ya. lol bring on the spam lol

Comment

sent u a PM mike
          The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

sent u a PM mike
            Got it, see you already added your blog to our website, that's great! We'll be improving how we display it on our site over the next few weeks. Will PM you back with more details!
            Z owner, GT-R dreamer

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/members/mike300zxt.html

Comment

Working...
            X