Rb26 in gts 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb26 in gts 4

Ok so after all the research and such I have done I only have a couple questions left.....

1. What engine mounts are used for the swap?
    2. I can still use the 26 oil pan correct?

Other than this the car will be ready in 2 weeks. Please answer questions so I can stop walking and actually drive again
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...-gts-4-4-door/

Post #19 says something about using different mounts for proper engine position and post #18 says something about the oil pan being different because of the front diff.

Sorry I can't give you definitive answers, just more heresay

Comment

i dont know how confident i feel about that. Heres what i wanted to do, please correct me if this is something that is un-achievable.... I will have the rb26 on the engine subframe and drop the gts4 sub frame and suspension components from the bottom of the car, this being said this car has already had a 26 in it. once the gts4 subframe is dropped i will then put the new drivetrain and subframe in( iwas told the subframes were the same) and bolt everything up and run the according wires to needed plugs. I did want to run the rb26 front diff/trans combo but i am now wondering if the rear diff will need to be swapped as well.... if so thats fine but i would like to know for sure, not that i'm making more work for myself then there really needs to be! anyways for anyone that might possibly have the answer please do let me know

Comment

The rear diff will need to be GTR as well. Or you can use the GTS4 diff's for the 4.3 final drive and assosciated faster acceleration. I know there are GTR guys who run the gts4 diff's for the acceleration improvement, so it should work with the 26 in a gts4. Might even be cheaper to do as well, since you have the gts4 diffs already, I assume.

Comment

I have every one except for the front diff. I could use that but really I couldn't care which is better at this point but just to get a car running. It would be so easy for me to swap the rear diff and be done with it. That might take me all of 1 hour to have the old one out and new one in with new fluids. I'll just do that. Thank you everyone that has provided input.... I have all my answers and I guess we shall find out ne t weekend if they are the correct ones, lol.

Cheers

Comment

Or this even being said, how hard would it be to swap the front diff? Could I swap out the oil pans and be done with it? I haven't seen the bottom end of the rb26 or awd rb20 before... Please let me know

Comment

Cheaper to sell the car and get a GTR. then it's a real GTR
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

My GTS4 has an RB26 swap from Japan, its fun ordering engine and suspension parts for a GTR and body parts for GTS.Best of both worlds.

Comment

Franc you are a funny man. Rb26 in a gts4= full of win! And the way it looks now I will be going gtr ratios in the car even though it would have been nice to stick with the gts4 but oh well. Just need something to drive at this point

Comment

This HNR32 below had a 26 stuff into it. Mounts will be BNR32 for sure. Subframe is the same.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
                    For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

RB20>Rb25>Rb26>RB30. if you're gonna go through the trouble of the RB26 size, go RB30. better in every way except for it doesn't rev as high, which really don't matter.
                      No build thread.
                      1991 nissan
                      El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                        RB20>Rb25>Rb26>RB30. if you're gonna go through the trouble of the RB26 size, go RB30. better in every way except for it doesn't rev as high, which really don't matter.
                        ??? That kinda depends on what he plans to do with it.
                        '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
                        at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

Rb30 is overpriced for what it is unless someone has gone to the trouble of building it. Like greddytrustgtr his set-up looks unreal and has It for sale for like 14000 or something which is super cheap.

Goin rb26 and keeping it stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyjohnny View Post
                            ??? That kinda depends on what he plans to do with it.
                            I have 17k into my block/head and an Rb30 of the same value spanks it :S
                            No build thread.
                            1991 nissan
                            El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                              Rb30 is overpriced for what it is unless someone has gone to the trouble of building it. Like greddytrustgtr his set-up looks unreal and has It for sale for like 14000 or something which is super cheap.

Goin rb26 and keeping it stock for now
                              thats bought not built. yea its selling for 14k but i bet he has atleast 30k into it. im about 9k into my short block in just parts and machine shop and its still a mild build compared to most people. ill be all said and done at about 15k with my turbo kit and fuel
                              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                              X