Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb26 transmission

So.... hi guys! xD

i have a r32 gtr and im doing a full build but stumped on wut to do with my transmission.. i am a apprentice at toyota and my neighbour works for some higher end dealer. He took apart my transmission for me and told me i need these

Gear #3, #4, Synchro sleeve for 3rd and 4th, and all the synchro..

So i need a transmission that will hold up to quite the power. about 500 - 600hp. <- i am over guessing because i want a transmission that will last. Any suggestions? I REALLY dont have 10k to spend on a dogbox. so will a full rebuild on stock gears and such hold up?

Thanks for you help!!!

just refresh the transmission, it will easily take 800hp

everyone here is running 500-600hp with stock trannys
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

If those are your power goals just buy a used one for $300 and upgrade to a good twinplate. For a built trans your Will be minimum $7000. Do a search and find the Gtr transmission options thread, everything in their is covered including cost and where to source them. A oem gtr gearbox can take alot of abuse ! And you can replace them for less then $500 and 5 hours labour.
      Plus your on the coast so they are easy to find and you won't have to pay shipping
      "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

Originally posted by evilgtr View Post
        If those are your power goals just buy a used one for $300 and upgrade to a good twinplate. For a built trans your Will be minimum $7000. Do a search and find the Gtr transmission options thread, everything in their is covered including cost and where to source them. A oem gtr gearbox can take alot of abuse ! And you can replace them for less then $500 and 5 hours labour.
        Plus your on the coast so they are easy to find and you won't have to pay shipping
        Built as in a new OEM transmission or a fully built aftermarket one? I have 2 transmission at home and both grind.

Thanks for such quick reply guys! I will look into getting the parts i need to replace my transmission. thanks!

Comment

I have a used R33 GTR gearbox available. Direct fitment with R32 GTRs but have better synchros. I don't need it now as I decided to go with PPG.
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
            I have a used R33 GTR gearbox available. Direct fitment with R32 GTRs but have better synchros. I don't need it now as I decided to go with PPG.
            that tranny needs a different clutch than R32's
            sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Working...
            X