Car Got pulled off the road yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Got pulled off the road yesterday

Its was a Sad, sad, sad day. I get pulled over with a fellow R32 driver by the enviroment police. All is fine, I show them paperwork, my recent e-test, and my saftey papers. After 45 mins of wasting my time they tell me my care is too low and its scrapping on my tires, i told them i got coilovers and it cant rub and most porsches have the same wheels on their cars stock. So they left me alone for a bit.

Second they said my exhaust is way to loud. And in a moment of sheer magic a 2012 ford mustang GT drives by and I asked the officer "what about him?".

And finally after an hour or so my care was said to be unsafe because my right front headlight was out and my high flow cat that is installed on my car is apparentley not there because the cop dosent see it. So the rip my plates off and now I have to run around and get a saftey for a 1991 nissan, new plates, new sticker, and possibly a new inspection just because a fat ass envoiroment police though my car is not safe.
    (O - O) S K Y L I N E (O - O)

1990 300zx- Rb25 swap in the future
    1991 R32 coupe- Rb25 and a money pit.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S- Im growing up.

woah, can they even do that? just take your plates away
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

By environmental police do you mean MTO? Or actual YRP?
      Why would you have to get new plates, sticker? That doesn't make sense if you have everything paid up. I'd call and talk to someone who actually knows what they are doing to get more info before you proceed.
      RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
      http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
      1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Hmmmm i'd suggest just not stopping in future , not like they will be hard to lose , drive it to a buddies place and report it stolen

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl @ RightDrive View Post
          By environmental police do you mean MTO? Or actual YRP?
          Why would you have to get new plates, sticker? That doesn't make sense if you have everything paid up. I'd call and talk to someone who actually knows what they are doing to get more info before you proceed.
          Its crazy, they are cops with guns but its the MTO division. But They did a blitz on a bunch of cars. They tried everything but at the end, they said it was the headlight and the fact that they couldnt see my cat. They were so excited that the asshole forgot to give me my drivers licence back and even gave me the plate portion of my ownership instead of the car portion.
          (O - O) S K Y L I N E (O - O)

1990 300zx- Rb25 swap in the future
          1991 R32 coupe- Rb25 and a money pit.
          2006 Porsche Cayman S- Im growing up.

Comment

Shoulda ran
            GTRC-OG

Comment

Dude, that's ridiculous. There's no way they can just take your plates from you. Fight that tooth and nail. They were in the wrong there
              Originally posted by kengeroo
              that's what I thought when I opened the package..
              ...don't drink and ebay
              '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Where was this blitz?

Usually they do these a few times a year. Especially in York Region. They have everyone out.. MTO, MOE (minstry of environment), and the local police (YRP in this case) all acting together.

MTO and MOE enforcement officers do not carry guns. If you saw someone with a gun, it was a YRP officer most likely.

A busted headlight and no cat is ******** for pulling a plate. No excuse for that on their part. Make sure you fight all charges.

Comment

It seems like they were just out to get your car off the road. Sucks to hear man.

I don't understand how they can complain of loud exhausts on some vehicles when there's so many harley davidson bikes that seem to get away with ridiculously loud exhausts.

Comment

As daryl pointed out to me the other day, bike exhausts are legally allowed to be louder cause it helps drivers notice them easier, harder to spot in mirrors. Just a safety thing. Notice the exhaust ticket is worded 'unnecessary noise'?

And sorry to hear that ali, pretty poopy position. What are you gonna do? And how could they not have seen your cat?
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                      As daryl pointed out to me the other day, bike exhausts are legally allowed to be louder cause it helps drivers notice them easier, harder to spot in mirrors. Just a safety thing.
                      Wrong, They started giving out tickets for loud exhausts here last summer to all bikes. Is it safer to have a quiet bike? Absolutely not, but it's not legal to have a loud exhaust on anything because it might make other drivers more aware of you.

By the rules of the road a bike shouldn't be driving so that a car can't see it.

But shitty deals about your car bro!
                      Originally posted by Paradis
                      ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

I guess I should keep my cat handy if I leave the province :S WTH is up with people targeting our cars anyway!? There's litterally thousands of deathtrap rustbucket vehicles running around with no trouble.
                        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

The sad reality is mto can do wtvr the fuckk they want..they have more say than cops when it comes to vehicles .. If they don't like the colour of ur car they can remove it..

Comment

not sure about ontario but in manitoba if the car is 95 or older then you dont need to have a cat on it
                            Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Wow I can't believe they can get away with that. Just goes to show how useless enforcement officers are. Never ther when you need them and when they could be doing something useful ther they are just searching for some little thing to pick on ppl with nice cars for. I think we should mutiny

Comment

Working...
                              X