Battery relocation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery relocation?

I would like to know what did you use to move you battery to the trunk, I'm planning to do this soon, to make some room in my engine bay.

For the battery box I will make something with steel, but I mostly need informations about wiring and fuses or even if you have a link to a DIY.

I would also like to know if I can replace the oem fusible link on the positive, because I removed it when I changed my terminals (didn't know what it was for )

Thanks a lot for you help!

id like to see a diy as well! i think josh might of done one or frankiman but cant find it
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

I bought a kit from Summit. It came with 0G cable, battery terminals, box and cable clamps. I also used a 150 breaker near the battery and a Stinger splitter in the engine bay. If you would like pics let me know.
      sigpic

Comment

Id like to see that ^

Im relocating mine too. Not sure to get one from summit or gather my own stuff. Be great to see the picture you have!

I know theres a DIY for this, but I cant seem to find it!

edit: this isnt the one i was talking about but it shows the same thing Im pretty sure.

Last edited by bellis_GTR; 05-16-2011, 05:56 PM.
        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I got my Taylor relocation kit off of summit, cheap and painless.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
          Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

The ones I see on summit only give gauge cable. I dont see gauge.

Get fast, Free Standard Shipping on orders over Summit Racing Equipment from $109 -- no shipping, handling, or rural fees! Exclusions apply.
            Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

My battery is in the trunk, it was done by the previous owner, I honestly hate it as it's very hard to work with, but it does look better in the trunk.

Make sure you run your 0G wire under the car though, it's not supposed to enter the passenger cabin at all. could fail safety/inspection if it's run through the cabin.
              Originally posted by Paradis
              ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Originally posted by Tony-R32 View Post

Make sure you run your 0G wire under the car though, it's not supposed to enter the passenger cabin at all. could fail safety/inspection if it's run through the cabin.

ditto

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
                  Id like to see that ^

Im relocating mine too. Not sure to get one from summit or gather my own stuff. Be great to see the picture you have!

I know theres a DIY for this, but I cant seem to find it!

edit: this isnt the one i was talking about but it shows the same thing Im pretty sure.

http://wgbuckley.com/projects/battery.html
                  Nice find! Anyone can give me a pic of where to get the cable in the trunk from under the car?

Comment

Here is a few pics, yea I know there shitty but you will get the gist of it . I did as Tony-R32 said and routed the cable under the car , looks good and painless.
                    Last edited by craftz; 05-16-2011, 08:41 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

start from there and keep reading
                      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

ive got a taylor relocation came with everything needed was easy can put pictures of if interested

Comment

my container is also Taylor, it's solid.
                          Originally posted by Paradis
                          ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Working...
                          X