Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gtst 91 skyline has sputtering/ violent jerking problems!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gtst 91 skyline has sputtering/ violent jerking problems!!

So i bought this gtst about a month ago. the guy says it needs a intake manifold gasket, but iuno how he would think/know this he didnt say he went to a garage and got it checked or anything, but the problem is the car jerks and sputters when i push on the gas pedal sometimes, not all the time sometimes i start the car and it runs great for like 15-20mins and then acts up, sometimes i start the car and its instantly shitty, sometimes cant even stay at 900rpm it bounces down to 200 trys cutting out and then jumps back up and goes to like 1400rpm. and sometimes it stays at 1000 perfectly no engine shakes just perfect drive, and sometimes ill be driven then come to a stop light and the car shakes like its running on 4-5 cylinders!! but sometimes outta nowhere it just stops and corrects and runs properly again!! I CHANGED PLUGS to BCRP6ES-11 (dont have label so kinda forget if thats the exact number maybe the P isnt right.) but it was running shitty b4 the plugs so it didnt change anything. i cleaned MAF 2 times, didnt change anything, checked coilpacks 1 by 1 wasnt very eventful cuz the car was idleing **** anyways and whn i pulled them it ran shitty but could jus be the car. i rarely get a backfire during engine misfire, and when the problem starts it burns INSANELY rich BLACK SMOKE POOOORS out the exhaust, but then when its running good 2 seconds later no smoke whats so ever!! I NEED HELP ive seen alot similar problems with MAF dieing off, randomly sputtering cars and stuff but i feel as if my problems are so bad it cant just be a bad MAF most be more then that, like coils to maybe PLEASE HELP!!

Just resolder maf when they poop they cause the engine to think it's getting a ton of air so it adds a ton of gas and causes it to stall out If
    You need help let me know

Comment

my car ran very similar when my coilpacks went, put in new ones and now it runs fine

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue with my gtr. seems to be a lot of this going around lately. I cleaned out my MAFs, it seemed to fix the problem but 2 weeks later it started happening again. Cleaned it again, but it didn't fix it. I ordered a set of Yellow Jacket coil packs and a new (used) maf from a fellow member. I'll let you know if this fixes my issue.

Comment

Working...
        X