Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay intercoolers --- to ebay or not to ebay

are they crap,,,???

yes they are not HKS ,,, but are they better than stock ???

I have a Godspeed FMIC on my GTST with a Greddy piping kit. Seems fine to me and no problems. I think there is a sponsor on the forum that sells Godspeed products.
    89 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (Sold)
    98 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT (Sold)
    2013 Toyota Venza V6 AWD Touring
    1976 Datsun 280Z

Comment

After researching ebay turbo kits for my old car, It seemed to be a common consensus that the intercoolers were one of the only parts of the kits that were actually good quality.

For what it would cost you with shipping you could probably get a better name brand one used for that.
      Originally posted by Paradis
      ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

No.

There was a comparison between an ebay intercooler and a proper intercooler (can't remember which company, maybe Greddy?) and the difference between the two was huge. If you have a stock GTR fmic it will be far better than an ebay one. The amount of cooling from the ebay FMIC was just ridiculously poor.

If you just want it for looks, then I guess knock offs are fine, but if you want it for performance than I'd definately leave it stock or hold out for a proper one.
        Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

Check out a company called CXracing, my buddy bought a intercooler kit for his 88 supra. It works amazing, I'm buying one and getting a greddy piping kit or something to go w/ it.

Hope this helps, cheers
          Originally posted by Robski
          do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

Comment

for an intercooler something relatively simple id have no problem going egay! i stay away from ebay but seriously its an intercooler its not rocket science
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

like i told you before, a stock GTR intercooler is actually pretty decent. you are downgrading if you go to an ebay intercooler.

Comment

they seem to work fine, good friend of mine has a godspeed front mount on his gts-t, running a gt30 turbo, works pretty well, i think its ok to use ebay for intercoolers, godspeed products seem to be decent from what ive seen! but as always if you have the money buy a TRUSTed brand.
                Last edited by Eat_Sleep_Shift; 06-09-2011, 10:30 AM.
                2003 350z track
                1990 Skline GTR
                1995 240sx

Comment

Originally posted by derk View Post
                  like i told you before, a stock GTR intercooler is actually pretty decent. you are downgrading if you go to an ebay intercooler.
                  quoted for truth. flow is MUCH better.
                  Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I like to ask the same question over and over again,,, until I get the answer I think is right,,, even though I know I may be wrong
                    ..stock it is then

Comment

Bar and Plate does a MUCH better job at removing heat from the air (after all, that's it's job). True, it is a bit of a restriction, but if you are only pushing 400hp (like the Godspeed one in the link) you will only see a 2 to 3 psi drop across the core (at max air flow). What you can do is get much more agressive with your tune to take advatage of the nice, cool presurized air.

The stock GTR cores do flow very well (being tube and fin), but can suffer from heat soak and won't cool the air as well as a bar and plate cooler of the same size. It all comes down to the turbo you are running, if you are undersized you really want to go bar and plate to take the excessive heat out of the air, if you are a little large (turbo wise) you can get away with something that flows better but gives up a little in the cooling department (like the GTR cooler).

Jon.
                      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 06-09-2011, 01:44 PM.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

If I were you i would go with a Mishimoto Intercooler. They come in many sizes and core thicknesses, either silver, black, or baller gold, and they have a lifetime warranty against crashing. Yes, against crashing. That's why Mishimoto loves drifters <3

http://mishimotolovesdrifters.blogspot.com/
                        Warranty info:
                        "Mishimoto Performance (MP), warrants all of its products under its 'no questions asked' limited lifetime warranty policy. Regardless of the defect in product, Mishimoto will replace the original product. Warranty claims must be accompanied by the original sales receipt from an authorized dealer.

A trained professional should install all MP products. Any issues with compatibility or installation should be addressed before attempting to install the product.

The purchaser's remedy for breach of this limited warranty, exclusive of all other remedies provided by law, is expressly limited to repair or replacement of any part or parts. All products returned for warranty consideration must be returned to MP with all transportation expenses prepaid. MP shall not be responsible for damages to its product or injury to persons using the product when caused by improper opening of radiator pressure caps, burst hoses, etc. MP shall not be responsible for injury or harm to persons or property caused by persons or vehicles using our products.

Accident Protection

Mishimoto, under its no questions asked warranty policy, will provide a warranty for all claims including vehicles involved in accidents. Warranty claims must include pictures of the accident and an official police report, and must be within three months of the accident.

For all warranty claims, please contact us."

So basically, they're products are top notch, and they'll cover you without a doubt. This also goes for their radiators so i hope all of you register your Mishimoto product serial number.

No I'm not a Mishimoto salesman, but I've been researching this for a decent amount of time and this route makes the most sense. Enjoy!

Comment

Forget eBay intercoolers, or most parts off eBay in general. The quality of the cheap intercoolers are terrible, and they are a downgrade from stock. If you want an intercooler for looks, take the factory intercooler and get it sandblasted to silver.
                          Fin designs make a huge difference, take a look closely at the Trust (which I think are the best) and the HKS (a close second) compared to the cheap Chinese stuff, big difference.
                          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

ebay coolers,Not a huge difference in power numbers but very bad at dispersing heat! thats what you pay for!

Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain - Ebay intercooler testing from the Pros at Buschur Racing....the facts, the truth - Here you go, we finally did it. I hope everyone is happy now. I know I am. My car is on the dyno making huge power, 640 whp with the new HTA35R on it. We have our Race FMIC on it which I say is the best...
                            2003 350z track
                            1990 Skline GTR
                            1995 240sx

Comment

That was the comparison I was talking about. I tried searching for it but I couldn't find it. I'm glad someone found it since it's a pretty cool comparison.

Originally posted by Eat_Sleep_Shift View Post
                              ebay coolers,Not a huge difference in power numbers but very bad at dispersing heat! thats what you pay for!

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-eng...cts-truth.html
                              Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X