car covers! any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car covers! any ideas?

Hey, looking to pickup a really good quality all weather year round car cover.
    Did a search and havent seen any topics on here about car covers, any of you guys know where to get a nice one?

I would like fitted but i know the reality is probably slim in finding one. i will settle on a universal if need be.

This is however what ive found so far:
    Fitted and tailored car covers worldwide. Breathable and Waterproof fully tailored to each car make and model.

I imagine shipping will cost me an arm and a leg from the uk, so i was kind of hoping to find a company in north america that makes these.
    although if anyone knows first hand about shipping from the uk or car covers from anywhere in the world please chime in!

Or you can spend 100 and get a premium one by simoniz from Can Tire.

worked perfectly for me last winter.
    Originally posted by Paradis
    ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

was the simoniz one completely water proof and breathable? Whats the inside of the cover like? any chances of paint scratching. basically this cover im looking for will not only be for winter storage, but for daily use as i don't want my car in the rain/snow/other elements except when im driving it.

Comment

Breathable yes, I don't think you can be water proof and breathable. You don't want water proof, that would prevent moisture from getting in but also getting out speeding up rust/ corrosion.

The inside is very soft, you just need to make sure you wash the car before putting it on. I waxed my car before putting it away and when I took the cover off in the spring there were some light water marks but other than that it looked like I had just put it away.

Comment

Yup, get the large one.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

This is what I found. I haven't used these personally but they seem to match your criteria. Pretty expensive though.

car care, car wax, car detailing, car accessories, auto detailing supplies, auto accessories, car care products, pinnacle, 303 aerospace, auto detailing, auto wax, california duster, car polish, swirl remover, carnauba wax, covertible window cleaner, detailing supplies, klasse, leather care, lexol,porter cable 7424, microfiber products, meguiars, p21s, car covers, car seat covers, detailing tools, car care kits,, microfiber,, wheel cleaner, menzerna
            Last edited by Robski; 07-28-2011, 05:00 PM.
            Polish Power

Comment

okay great, thanks guys. i will try the somoniz one until winter and see how it holds up to the west coast rain. $100 is fair to me for an experiment.

Comment

plus the most expensive one comes with like a 5 year warranty

Comment

Get the car capsule!
                  “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

personal experiance, keep it inside a garage. I left my car outside for a year and when I pulled it off there was rodents all inside everywhere.

Comment

I had my RX-7 under a car cover, (in Japan and spring like temperatures) and it got mould all over the interior! Cleaned off easy, but I wouldn't use a car cover ever again!

My cars:
                      1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                      1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

From personal experience don't goto crappy tire for a car cover, used one last year and it scratched my car cause it decided to glue itself to my hood. Tried contacting the company for some kind of compensation and they basically said screw off. Paid 180$ for them to make me get a new paint job.... Was so very very pissed
                        '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
                        '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Bastards eh?

well some great opinions, and some bad, just don't know what to do yet...
                          I wish i could get that car bubble! It would look funny as he!! but most likely functional.
                          Im just wondering i guess if the more expensive ones from other company's are really "better" than one from Canadian Tire. I imagine Canadian tire deals with alot of mass production merchandise and that can sometimes influence quality.
                          Money Talks?
                          Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
                          From personal experience don't goto crappy tire for a car cover, used one last year and it scratched my car cause it decided to glue itself to my hood. Tried contacting the company for some kind of compensation and they basically said screw off. Paid 180$ for them to make me get a new paint job.... Was so very very pissed

Comment

You get what you pay for.
                            Polish Power

Comment

if your car is infested with rodents from having a car cover on, it's because you didn't take the necessary precautions to park a car. I litter my engine bay, interior and trunk with bounce sheets and after parking my car in the middle of the country there was not a single sign of an animal being close to my car.

If your car had mold after putting a car cover on it, it's probably because the car was in humid conditions and the cover didn't have enough breathability.

And as for paint, if you give your car a proper wash and thorough wax/polish, there is no way the cover should stick to your paint.

Not doubting that these things happened to anyone, but a lot of people don't take all the precautions necessary to safely park a car for winter. It requires a lot more than just throwing on a cover and calling it a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X