• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How i came to own my new R32 GTR

A long journey to a new home.

It all started with a posting...
    "Stunning 1991 Nissan GTR - Must Be Seen! - Tuned"
    My mouse was drawn to this and i clicked. Before i knew what was happening i was writing e-mails back and forth between an individual here known as Archaeic_Bloke AKA. Josh.
    Wow what a nice guy, So knowledgable about these cars too! If there was a question about anything he was so quick to know the answer.

Now after some time we started talking about making a deposit to show my faith towards the sale, not unreasonable considering i lived in BC and Josh was living in Quebec. I would expect just the same from any potential buyer living in the same province as myself let alone one living across the country!
    So a nice deposit left my pay pal account and made its way on down the interweb to Josh's account....The deal has begun.

So for anyone that may be interested as to why i decided to buy a GTR that came from such a great distance, the reasoning is simple. The car is a monster in all around aspects. This car is compliant with NHRA and IHRA standards, It is fully tuned and dyno proven to put down 400+ RWHP, has only been built with the best of quality parts, and above all after reading the LONG and FULL build thread of this car you really get a sense of the amount of blood, tears, and sweat that was put into it.
    This car isnt your normal "boost cranked GTR" This car is a thing of beauty. A love, a passion, a remarkable machine to say the least.

So after some planning and deciding and a few more emails back and forth with Josh, i decided it was time for a short vacation away from BC. So i packed up the mrs and a few clothes and off to Quebec we went.
    We landed at pierre trudeau airport in Montreal on a saturday, and made our way to the hotel that we were going to be staying at. All works out that evening.

Sunday finally comes as weve arranged for Josh and I to meet.
    Josh was so kind to come pick up the mrs and I that morning. He brought the car
    Wow... thats what i was thinking, just wow. Beautiful.

So we went for a good breakfast, and a drive around downtown Montreal. Really cool sights to be seen, and i would recomend Montreal to anyone that is looking for a neat city to visit in Canada. We saw mount royal, a really really cool country area along the water, downtown montreal and some nice flat farm country.
    Josh did some driving, I did some driving. It was a perfectly balanced day. We chatted, and joked, it almost felt like i had known him just as well as some of my friends back home.

Sunday came to an end, and Josh dropped us back off at our hotel. We had another night on the town juring an epic thunder and lightning storm that rolled in late in the evening. Amazing city.

Monday came, which brought with it two things. I had previously arranged for shipping via rail with a forwarding company known as Hanses Forwarding. So Josh and i had arranged that he would pick me up again and we would drop the car off together at the shipping yard in the morning. Monday also meant it was time to say goodbye to Montreal and hello Vancouver. After dropping the car off and waiting forever for a cab so we could all get to where we were going, Josh went his way and the mrs and I headed for the airport.

I'd just like to say one last time, thank you again Josh for an amazing tour around your city, and all your other hospitality that you provided juring my stay there. I had a blast.

The wait began.
    One week had passed and i began to wonder how the shipping was comming along. Called Hansens only to find out the car was still in Montreal as there was a problem in canadian rail and there would be delays. The car was suppose to be loaded the next day after it was dropped off. I was however given the option to change my shipping from rail to truck carrier, i didnt hesitate in answering yes!!!!

So another week passes....
    Get the phone call.....Its here.....
    Well hot damn, am i ever excited. Ive owned two gtst's in the past and have always wanted a GTR, and its finally here. My very own GTR.

So Next step was to get an inspection permit so i could pick it up from the shipping yard. Bought the permit and drove the car home. It was a nice drive.
    Now all i needed to do was inspect and plate. Ive gotta give MAD props to Dah_Hunter for not only helping me with the inspection process but also pointing me in the direction of an insurance broker that knew what they were doing! You were a big part in me getting this car road legal. Thank you sir.

Today is August 4/2011. It marks the day that my own GTR was plated in British Columbia.
    AND WHAT A DAY IT WAS! Tomorrow may just be another day, but anyday with this car should be nothing less than amazing.

So thats my story of how i came to find my GTR and please stay tuned to hear about all the future plans i have to not change her, but to personalize her, and give her that BC' touch.

Its a thing of beauty.
    Brent. AKA NimbleStix

This is a picture of the car taken by Josh about a week before my trip to Quebec
    Last edited by nimblestix; 08-05-2011, 02:52 AM.

Beautiful car man, congrats
    '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
    '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Sorry on your album I can only see one picture of your new GTR

Congrats on your purchase! Hope to see you around!

Comment

ive always loved josh's car and his contrabution to the community. he made this car a work of art and i am very glad its now in bc i hope you enjoy it
        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Just amazing, great tale and what a hellova car ! Enjoy this thing of beauty !!!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
            ive always loved josh's car and his contrabution to the community. he made this car a work of art and i am very glad its now in bc i hope you enjoy it
            +1 this is exactly what I was going to write. Enjoy the car man! Looks minty.
            1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
            1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
            i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

Veryyyy nice car congrats, I saw the ad when it was for sale. Maybe I'll see ya cruisin in van one day
              1991 Skyline R32 GTR
              2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD
              1993 honda civic b18 turbo

Comment

congrats! hopefully im lucky enough to see you cruising around.
                1992 R32 GTS-T Type M

Comment

You're a lucky guy, beautiful car you have acquired! Enjoy!

Comment

Great story! Welcome to GTR ownership.

It's great to hear good stories about GTRC members helping each other out!

Dan
                    sigpic
                    The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Glad everything worked out man..

I saw you yesterday late afternoon in surrey i think.. Pretty sure it was you..
                      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Congrats on the purchase! Any of us would be incredibly lucky to own that car, Josh is a great guy and as we can see, has put together a beautiful car.
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your kind words.
                          To all the BC boys....LETS MEET. Lets bring the west back from the silent slump it's in!
                          Lets organize a Charity toy run or something. Get these cars in the media in a good way perhaps?

Comment

Yeah i was in surrey around 3-430 ish. man the traffic was nasty out there though! Cruised from ridge to abby, down to surrey, then back towards ridge. Nice weather had to do something.
                            Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
                            Glad everything worked out man..

I saw you yesterday late afternoon in surrey i think.. Pretty sure it was you..

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
                              Thank you to everyone for your kind words.
                              To all the BC boys....LETS MEET. Lets bring the west back from the silent slump it's in!
                              Lets organize a Charity toy run or something. Get these cars in the media in a good way perhaps?
                              im game! my car will finally be on the road in two weeks!!!! then its track night every week at mission!
                              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                              X