I just found out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just found out

So I was doing my weekly search through eBay and came across a hood from a R32 GTR for sale. Now this guy says that the hood is an aluminum hood. Now I know a decent amount about my car but was never aware that any of the models can with an aluminum hood. Does anyone know what years and what models came with said hood ? Greatly appreciate any information.

as far as the r32 goes the gtr came with an aluminium hood and gts is steel. they also have different latches and will only bolt over with modification to the latch (I believe there is a thread for this)

Comment

Much appreciated my guess is I'm just horrible at searching. Thank you for the clarification ...

Comment

If u have a gts and go to open the hood of a gtr for the first time, its like grabbing a box that u think is heavy then find out when u lift it its empty.
        I think the trunk lid is also lighter.
        Last edited by beacher1B0; 12-14-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Hahaha every time I have friends helping with my car they go to lift the hood and have a stupid look on their face like "wtf ,why is this so light"

Side panels are also lighter. Shocks everyone!
          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

^ yes, I believe the hood + fenders are all aluminum

Comment

1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

the stock gtr hood weighs about the same as a A/M carbon hood so it's definately light!
                My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Originally posted by DJ View Post
                  the stock gtr hood weighs about the same as a A/M carbon hood so it's definately light!
                  I couldn't believe it when I opened up my friend's GTR.
                  1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                  X