R33 GTR Brake Lines/Hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R33 GTR Brake Lines/Hoses

Does any one have any photos of what the standard R33 GTR front brake lines/hoses look like and where they attach to the car. My car has been fitted with some dodgy brake hoses that rub on the front tyres and are attached to the car with cable ties.
    I want to return the lines to their original locations but can't find any photos on the net showing where everything should be. I have ordered some new Nismo brake hoses specially for the GTR and also the hard tubes that fit directly into the Brembo brakes from Nissan. What else do I need including bolts, brackets etc? I have a copy from the Nissan parts catalogue but it does not show where everything attaches to the car
    Any help would be most helpful.

New brake lines come with everything you need to install,nismo comes even with a brackets(i think),i just changed it on mine(do-luck kit)
    On the front oem lines it's 2 hoses, comes from hard line and connect to the other one thru the bracket that attached behind the calipper and then goes to the hard line to Brembo,now the new line will be just one hose direct from hard line to hard line.Once you start it's not that hard,just be carefull not to round the nuts that hold lines
    Here some link hope it helps
    Skyline GTR R33

Comment

Originally posted by den80 View Post
      New brake lines come with everything you need to install,nismo comes even with a brackets(i think),i just changed it on mine(do-luck kit)
      On the front oem lines it's 2 hoses, comes from hard line and connect to the other one thru the bracket that attached behind the calipper and then goes to the hard line to Brembo,now the new line will be just one hose direct from hard line to hard line.Once you start it's not that hard,just be carefull not to round the nuts that hold lines
      Here some link hope it helps
      http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/157145-br...line-help.html
      My Nismo kit arrived today. It does not come with any brackets. I am missing the brackets. Do you have a picture of what it looks like? Cheers

Comment

I don't have pics of nismo kit,cause i have do-luck kit it looks the same as the first pic on that link i posted,mine came wth out brackets,if kit you got does not have them, then it does not have to be there,you will find pictures on that link i posted from UK forum,i know it looks complicated,as i wasnt sure i got the right kit ether,but once you start working on it,it will fit
        Skyline GTR R33

Comment

GTR brake lines don't have brackets and if you have Nismo then there should be two lines with a "block" with two hoses connected to it and two lines with a "block" with one hose only. The ones with one line are for the rear brakes and the other are for the front. For the front you connect one end of the line to the hard line that you ordered and the other end to the supply line on the inside of the wheel well. he block has a hole in there and is it is for bolting it to some place on the front suspension. Refer to the photos from den80's link.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman View Post
            GTR brake lines don't have brackets and if you have Nismo then there should be two lines with a "block" with two hoses connected to it and two lines with a "block" with one hose only. The ones with one line are for the rear brakes and the other are for the front. For the front you connect one end of the line to the hard line that you ordered and the other end to the supply line on the inside of the wheel well. he block has a hole in there and is it is for bolting it to some place on the front suspension. Refer to the photos from den80's link.
            Thanks for that information. I can see where the middle block attached to the car on the front suspension tower. There are two holes there . One for the bolt and one for the stick out piece on the middle block. The block at the end of the line has a threaded hole and a threaded recess to connect the hard line into. Do you know where the threaded hole through this block attaches to the car's front suspension? I though there must be some sort of bracket for this block to attach to as I can not see anywhere to bolt the end block to on the car. Looking at photos on the web, I see a number of R33 GTR Brembo brakes for sale with a braket attached. My car has none of these brackets. Look at first photo at the following link.

Cheers
            Last edited by GTRMAD; 02-15-2012, 07:17 AM.

Comment

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/146320-wh...you-use-2.html

These pictures might help. After taking a closer look I think you are referring to the curved brackets that are attached to the junction of the hard line and the oem/Nismo hose. These brackets should be part of oem and if your car didn't have these (removed by previous owner?) your best bet is to put a want to buy listing or source one from a forum sponsor like Adams from Feast Auto since you are closer to Japan then us here in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman View Post
                http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/146320-wh...you-use-2.html

These pictures might help. After taking a closer look I think you are referring to the curved brackets that are attached to the junction of the hard line and the oem/Nismo hose. These brackets should be part of oem and if your car didn't have these (removed by previous owner?) your best bet is to put a want to buy listing or source one from a forum sponsor like Adams from Feast Auto since you are closer to Japan then us here in Canada.
                Yes, it looks like it is the OEM brackets that I need. From the Nissan Parts Catalogue, there looks to be two different types of OEM brackets for the front brakes. If anyone has a close up photo of the whole bracket then I could possibly work out which one I need. The two part numbers that I am coming up with are 54314XA (RH) and 54315XA (LH). This looks like to be a larger bracket than the other one which has a part number of 55286X (RH) and 55287X (LH).

Comment

I should have bought shares on Google. It's amazing what info you can find and so fast with the part numbers you provided:

http://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/b...ns/462/54314X/

For non GTR:

http://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/e...ns/462/55287X/

If you do some more searching you'll see that 54314X also shows on other Nissan cars...

PS: Since I own a BNR32 I can't confirm my findings.....

Comment

Thanks so much for that. I really appreciate all the help you have provided. I will check the cost with my Nissan dealer tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X