Consult reader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consult reader?

I took a stab at this when I recently got my new tablet. I borrowed a bluetooth obd 2 reader to see if I could get any readings off of my car. Turns out skylines aren't even obd!

So I came across

Has anyone used something like this before? I have no use for my netbook or my laptop so I wouldn't mind keeping this in my car for the fun of it.
    Originally posted by Robski
    do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

the aussies use them alot. check out skylines austrailia.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

i am and still using " BLATZ cable and Nissan datascan software"
        Our car uses OBD1 . anycar above 2001 uses OBD2 . Correct me if im wrong : )
        A BIRD ON YOUR HAND ** **** ON YOUR WRIST

Comment

I just used mine to diagnose a TPS sensor on buddies GTR.
          The best maintenance tool to buy for our cars.

Comment

I'm buying one right now!

Comment

I'm sorry for asking this.... but this works on a stock ecu correct? Like a gtst ecu....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
              Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

dont buy!
                that one has an adapter for the older computers and aparenly the adapter makes the whole thing finicky.
                buy one that is directly to usb. i have one and it works wonders.

buy one of these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ECUTalk-U...item416673e9f3

and use with this: http://www.nissandatascan.com/
                - Adam

:
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
                  I'm sorry for asking this.... but this works on a stock ecu correct? Like a gtst ecu....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                  ya it works with stock ecu, great for finding fault codes also. asll you have to do is open small fuze panel by drives knee and plug it in
                  - Adam

:
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

I use the PLMS consult cable. USB style.
                    Doesnt only work on Skylines, most other Nissans in that era.

Comment

I use PLMS cable, Nistune tuning software (can see what ECU is doing with maps, tables, etc).

PLMS cable is better because it stops connection dropping out (important when tuning ECU). Also has the connected, transfer light's, etc on little black box. From what I understand, most other consult cable design's are based off the orginal design done by PLMS. But PLMS have improved the design.
                      Last edited by Skym; 06-01-2012, 12:52 AM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Does the PLMS only work with nistune? I've never heard of that before.

Also, does anyone know of any north american retailers for the USB consult? I can only find 3rd world country shippers (I'd like it sooner than 3 weeks)

Comment

Read PLMS website, as it explains the connection drop out problem better than I could and what software the PLMS consult cable is compatible with -

They don't actually have a photo of the cable you get. It's the same as what they show with the "New PLMS Consult Cable" photo, but has a black box in middle of cable with connected, transfer LED light's, etc on it.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                          X