Added cruise to a skyline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added cruise to a skyline?

Has anyone added an aftermarket cruise control to a skyline? I do a LOT of highway/distance driving and figured while I'm doing wiring now I'd look into it.

All tips and info appreciated!
    Victory is on the horizon..

Wouldn't mind know this too....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

unless you can find the cruise throttle unit from an NA RB20 then retrofit it to your intake/throttle body,

impossible to do on an rb26, unless completely custom
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

that be cool but i never use it in any vehicles i drive...thts gonna be a lot of work
        Toy: BNR32
        DD: R50

Comment

Cruise control is useless in my books... neat feature, but come on, how heavy is the gas pedal on your foot?
          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

^^ beleive me, when you have my physical size, its gets tiresome real quick not having a cruise control,
            its been the no1 criteria for buying my last 3 beaters

when i drove to and back from Skymeet last year, i was extremely thankful to share the driver seat with a buddy for the 13 hours of driving in 1 day without cruise control..
            sigpic

Comment

Move the rb26 to a single throttle body, attach a rb25 neo throttle body(some have cruise), wire it to a switch and call it a day. This is obviously very brief but I honestly don't know why anyone would want cruise. I had it in my rx7 and never got used. To each his own though. In my opinion it would cost more than its worth
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

I'm with franki, my accord had it and on The drives i do, it's incredibly helpful. It's amazing for speed regulation, when I'm in long drives without it I find you speed up/slow down without noticing, especially in some of the 6-10 hour drives I've done. OPP don't screw around out here, don't want to take any chances.

I'll explore my options. Thanks guys.

One more side question, the company Ignited switches used to have a website...I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know?

Ryan
                Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I know this a dead thread, but not much came up searching for Cruise Control. I definitely need this, my speed varies on the highway by a good 20km/h trying to drive hours with my foot on the gas. People will start passing me and I'll look down and realize I'm doing 98 on the highway
                  Rostra seems to make a LOT of aftermarket kits, and I've read good reviews, but I REALLY want to retain the factory look. So my question is, did any Skylines (R32 specifically) come with cruise? I'd love to wire the Rostra kit into the factory stalk.
                  92 GTS-4

Comment

Originally posted by LordFly View Post
                    I know this a dead thread, but not much came up searching for Cruise Control. I definitely need this, my speed varies on the highway by a good 20km/h trying to drive hours with my foot on the gas. People will start passing me and I'll look down and realize I'm doing 98 on the highway
                    Rostra seems to make a LOT of aftermarket kits, and I've read good reviews, but I REALLY want to retain the factory look. So my question is, did any Skylines (R32 specifically) come with cruise? I'd love to wire the Rostra kit into the factory stalk.
                    The GTST had optional cruise control from the factory but I doubt Nissan still manufactures them. You'd have to find one parting out the cruise control unit to keep everything OEM.

Edit:
                    Something interesting from another forum... S13 Cruise Control retrofitted to a R32 GTR:
                    Last edited by Cuami; 06-02-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

so you found my post.. haha

i have a dyno appointment next friday, we'll wire it all up to see if it works
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cuami View Post
                        The GTST had optional cruise control from the factory but I doubt Nissan still manufactures them. You'd have to find one parting out the cruise control unit to keep everything OEM.
                        Anybody got pictures of that? Or got one for sale? Only looking for the stalk. I assume it's a stalk on the left side of the steering column? Or is it some buttons on the dash? I can't seem to find any pictures. Apparently very few people are interested in Skylines for their cruise control
                        92 GTS-4

Comment

Why not get a DD so you don't mile out your car...

My cheap jetta TDI gets 60mpg ($70 for 1,200km) and has cruise control. The gtr is for fun. Nothing wear and tear on the boring daily cruise.
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

problem is the DD isn't has fun to drive at the track event thats 3 hours away
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                              Why not get a DD so you don't mile out your car...

My cheap jetta TDI gets 60mpg ($70 for 1,200km) and has cruise control. The gtr is for fun. Nothing wear and tear on the boring daily cruise.
                              Why drive a Jetta when you can drive a Skyline? I like to have daily fun
                              92 GTS-4

Comment

Working...
                              X