Autobahn88 FMIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autobahn88 FMIC

I wasn't sure where to post this, so if I'm in the wrong, kindly point me right

I'm shopping around for an aftermarket FMIC, and came across these guys. Based out of Hong Kong as far as I can tell, but haven't heard much about their products. Anyone have any experience with them? For the price ($500) I'm skeptical, but I try not to judge a book by it's cover. Thanks!
    (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)
    1990 BNR32

Had one in my first GTS, worked perfectly. The quality of the intercooler was decent, welds looked clean. I ran 14 psi all day long with it and it held up fine.
    Are you looking at a kit or just the front mount? $500 seems a little steep for just a cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

It's for the full kit. Thanks for the info!
      (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)
      1990 BNR32

Comment

I put the full kit on my BNR32, the core seems to be pretty decent, but the piping is pretty rough cast and has the feel of a cheap knock off. It could be my own lack of skill but after installing it the the headlights no longer fit in the car. There were no instructions included and the core just sits too high in the chassis. To move it down you'd have to fabricate some brackets because there's no adjustment on the stock mounts. I haven't really messed with it though, because right after installing the kit I bought a house and all the toys got parked until the remodel is done, but I'd say you get what you pay for...

Comment

Modern Knight - Being your in Japan you should have way more options than a Autobahn.
          R u not interested in the used market?
          Kinda like us buying Peameal Bacon outside of Canada.

Comment

needavdub - Thanks for the pics! They help a lot. That sucks about the core height though. Never thought about that.

beacher1B0 - You're right, being in Japan helps a lot. But I've only really found used stock intercoolers in decent shape. The only used aftermarket ones I've seen have been pulled off a junked car. Plus my Japanese is pretty terrible, so talking with garage owners can be pretty difficult haha.
            (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)
            1990 BNR32

Comment

Looks like a nice intercooler kit
              I put an HDI front mount kit on my car, they are a Korean company if I can remember.
              The core with all pipes and couplets was like $500 ish
              Great quality, I've been pushing 20psi thru it for two years
              R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
              Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

I actually checked out HDI, my buddy back home put one on his R33 GTST as well. They don't make kits for the BNR32 though no love.
                (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)
                1990 BNR32

Comment

I wouldnt bother with this maker. They have absolutely no R&D investment, more or less copying other well made kits offered in Japan. to the OP, check our your local Up Garage or even net auctions for better deals. PM too if you want to order a new kit. Greddy LS type are not that expensive, very well made too!

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
                  For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

Stay away from Autobahn, especially when you are in Japan! Seeing that Adam (poster above this) is in Japan as well, maybe he can help you out with getting something decent ie: from a Japanese maker?
                    RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                    http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                    1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Thanks a lot for the input guys, huge help. I'm fairly young, so my budget isn't all too big right now. But I also don't want to waste money on crappy parts either.

support@feastauto, PM sent.
                      (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)
                      1990 BNR32

Comment

Originally posted by needavdub View Post
                        I put the full kit on my BNR32, the core seems to be pretty decent, but the piping is pretty rough cast and has the feel of a cheap knock off. It could be my own lack of skill but after installing it the the headlights no longer fit in the car. There were no instructions included and the core just sits too high in the chassis. To move it down you'd have to fabricate some brackets because there's no adjustment on the stock mounts. I haven't really messed with it though, because right after installing the kit I bought a house and all the toys got parked until the remodel is done, but I'd say you get what you pay for...

Is it possible that you've put the intercooler in upside down?
                        Looks kinda high
                        Favorites
                        lucky_cefiro
                        you\'re not listening
                        entelijint
                        stop saying "yall"... i'm picturing you with a mullet.
                        mullet+skyline=*shiver* i dont even want to think about it
                        Originally posted by specialedition
                        He ended up popping a tired and he failed at life.

Comment

i have the same kit in my bnr32 i got the suction kit and the intercooler kit all fit in without much trouble i believe the only hassle i had was with the suction kit it was very close to the power steering pump
                          93 laser sold
                          91 skyline gtst totaled
                          92 skyline gtr current

Comment

Originally posted by speedfreak View Post
                            Is it possible that you've put the intercooler in upside down?
                            Looks kinda high
                            I've considered flipping it upside down but the other installed pics I saw online showed it like it is.

Comment

Yea, it's upside down, at least the mounting tangs are. If the core is that high, the inlet/outlets need to be higher in relation to the core, flipping it over will do that, and it will put the tangs where they need to be.

Jon.
                              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X