How long have you lasted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you lasted?

How long have you guys been driving on your motors?

Whether rebuilt or stock, or stock swap (since the swap)

without any majors fixations, (changing out busted internals )

Been runnin my rb25 close to its limits for over 30,000km. Doin a compression test doin to Det how the motor is doin. At this boost and temperature it runs at, I don't see the motor doin more than 20,000 more.
    Compression test and if its not lookin good I'm gonna start planning a 2013 build
    R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
    Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

When I bought the car, in august 2008, it made about 5000km and then blew one of the turbos... After that, it took about 10 000km to break a rod bearing!

Since the rebuild, july of last year, haven't done a lot of kilometers, less than 2000 (not my DD), everything holds for good: knock on wood!
      My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Bought mine June 6, 2007 at 86 xxx km and now its got just shy of 140 xxx kms. Only issues I've ever had are fuel pump 3 years ago, and starter and alternator this year.
        Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

bought mine march of last year with about 20k on the new motor. Did compression last week all... 140-145 all across the board so im happy

Comment

500 km lol
            - Adam

:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

About 7000kms on mine since I got it this spring.

---
              I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gd40sq
              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
              -Bruce Lee

Comment

Wow, not a lot of km's from you fellas
                I've done 60,000km in my r33 since October 2008 and I'm almost at 200,000km on the car
                R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

got mine about a year and a half ago and it was at 175,000kms now its at 220,000. Ya i drive it a lot

Comment

Thought this thread was going to be about something completely different judging from the title lol... My gts made it 30,000 and then **** itself. And my fully built gtr started knocking about 1000 kms after i got it
                    1991 Skyline R32 GTR
                    2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD
                    1993 honda civic b18 turbo

Comment

93 Rb20det. Ive done 50 000kms in 4 years. DD almost all summer every summer. I think as long as your close to stock, theyll last a while.
                      When you start looking for bigger numbers, stock reliability goes out the window.

Comment

90 r32 GTR - Rb26 about 115000km's when I bought the car 2 years ago and now about 118000kms. Motor pulls strong, tunned to just over 500hp. Last year it lasted a week, about 200km before I lost 3rd gear. lol. Not sure if its built or not. Currently collecting parts for a motor rebuild. Will be finalling fixing it next week .

Comment

92 gtr bought july 2009 with 101,000, was my dd for the first two years and 3rd year got a second car....now sits at 122,500 with all the bugs and leaks and idle, stalling tantrum fixed...still on stock engine, turbos but boost increased now and stock transmission

been good and will one day see a big upgrade...
                          Toy: BNR32
                          DD: R50

Comment

95 GTR received April 2010, basicallystock with 104k on it, then mild tune and boost increase (17psi) with N1 turbos for 383 awhp, now at 115k with numerous autoX and track days, only issue to date was PS pump touch wood.

Comment

Originally posted by BradicaL View Post
                              got mine about a year and a half ago and it was at 175,000kms now its at 220,000. Ya i drive it a lot
                              yay finally someone that has more clicks then me. i bought mine 3 years ago with 180,00 on it and now has 209,000
                              Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                              X