After 6 years on GTRC..finally got a "Skyline"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 6 years on GTRC..finally got a "Skyline"

I've been on here since 2007 and always wanted a Skyline..but somehow it just never happened. I'm on my 6th car since then, and it's finally a Skyline. Kind of.

Just picked up an 03 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Skyline V35 350GT).

This is really more of a shout-out the old regulars that are still on here. I still keep in touch with a few of you on Facebook. I realize that most of you have sold your Skys now for various reasons, such as growing families.

Anyway, I saw this G35 up for sale over a year ago, but it was out of my price range at the time. I thought it looked really clean, so I even saved the pictures from the Craigslist ad, lol.

And here it is as it sits today:

Cheers.
    03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Beautiful looking car! Nice find. Those cars work so well and are so nice to drive. Great looking wheels too. Automatic though?

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, it's auto with tiptronic. It only has 75,000KMs which I'm very happy about. Tons of features but the interior build quality still isn't up to par with Merc/BMW in my opinion. Some squeaks and rattles from the plastics over badly paved roads.

It already has nice wheels and a good sound system, so all I'm going to do is probably lower it an inch or so, and space out the wheels a bit for a better stance.

Comment

Obv get the most bimmer like car Nissan ever made.
        Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Haha yup, you know me. I was actually about to pick up an 04 BMW 330ci but it sold before I could get to it. I think the G35 was the better choice anyway.

Comment

I have a soft spot for g35s. Looks clean!
            91 gtr , 93 rx7 type r and a multicolor 240 スカイライン

Comment

Nice wheels man.
              1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
              2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
              2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

This is probably an elaborate scheme to nestle into our community with a Japanese car now....don't think we have forgotten who sent you. Being a spy from BMW is who you are. Admit it!
                Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Muahaha..what I didn't mention was that it has a BMW M3 engine under the hood. Sup oaks, what are you driving nowadays?

Comment

Ah yes the classic S65. My parents both drive BMWs now, I work part-time for BMW as a "transporter", shuttling cars across the fair city of Toronto. I see how seductive they can be.. haha. my dad actually just got a new E92 M3, I love it! I however, drive a completely factory, automatic 2001 civic sedan with an old GTR on jackstands in the garage for when I finish school/can afford to own it (long story).

Do you ever see yourself getting an actual R chassis?
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

the sound of that car with the stock exhaust as got to be the best stock-exhaust-sound of any car, ever, i love it

congrats

p.s. don'T touch the exhasut or i'll find you...
                      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Speaking of G35s (guy in his G35 with her chick at a red light)

Welcome back btw
                        Last edited by MarusGTR; 02-20-2013, 10:23 PM.
                        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

@Oakville: Yeah, you didn't need my sales pitch to know that they're very solid well engineered cars. Sounds like a sweet gig man. Congrats to the old man on the E92 M3, those are fantastic.
                          As for owning an R chassis, absolutely. I lurked quite a few years on here doing research and drooling at the cars listed in the classifieds. For now, I'm happy with my daily - it's the perfect everyday car IMO. Who knows, maybe one day I'll pick up a legitimate Skyline though, lol.

@Frankiman: Agreed, they sound fantastic. Very distinctive sound. Only thing I'd ever think about changing on it is making the same noise just a bit louder, but not changing the note. And if I could keep the same exhaust note but upgrade the exhaust appearance (stainless steel, etc) that'd be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                            I'm happy with my daily - it's the perfect everyday car IMO.
                            Great car ive always loved G's. Im with frank on the exhaust stock they sound great but about half the aftermarket exhausts i hear make them sound so bad they might as well been driving a civic. On the daily topic its really hard for me to say anything that is rwd is a ideal "daily" but that is just imo! enjoy the car hope to see you around
                            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Ugh I miss street racing.
                              Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Working...
                              X