Getting tuned next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting tuned next week

So i will be getting tuned next week and just curious as to what power i will be putting down. I have a 91 GTR with a downpipe back exhaust with cat delete pipe, HKS suction kit, and nistune running 13psi. Stock fuel system, stock turbos, and stock internals.

So if anyone knows what they usually put down with these mods let me know, just want to see what everyone has say so i have something to compare to after its tuned and all. (i know every car is different but a general idea is all i am looking for)

Thanks for any insight mates

Curious to know as well. Could never find a solid figure for this "bpu" setup.
    BNR32- Sold
    1998 Evolution V

Comment

My SWAG is 315 awhp and 270 lb-ft.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR33 View Post
        My SWAG is 315 awhp and 270 lb-ft.
        what upgrades are done if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

On yours or mine? My car is at 383 awhp/329 tq with intake, exhaust, Vipec, ceramic coated headers and dumps, N1 turbos at 17 psig.
          SWAG = Scientific Wild Ass Guess

Comment

With those mods, around 350hp at engine (safe limit is 390hp with stock injectors, stock fuel pump, etc). Max you can get is around 430hp with stock turbo's, full exhaust from turbo's, 600cc injectors, 255-300lph fuelpump, Z32 AFM x2 + Z32 AFM plugs / pig tails, electronic boost controller (boost up mods). Some add cams, adjustable camgears which can add more hp at same boost level (engine produces more hp).
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

ok thanks for the help. Ill be upgrading turbos in a few months along with the fuel system. Whats a good fuel pump and injector for these cars? Im still a novis when it comes to skylines

Comment

Tuner pumps like Nismo, Tomei, etc should be bolt in (shipped with all the parts needed to install), same with Nismo injectors. Then you need to hardwire fuel pump to get 13.5 volts instead of factory 10-12 volts (Tomei, Deatschwerks, etc sell a hardwire kit).

Cheaper but still good (Bosch brand) would be Deatschwerks (need to buy O ring seal from Nissan, but is in the above fuel pump kits).

Injectors -

Fuel pump -

DeatschWerks Fuel Pumps = The Flow You Want with the Fitment You Need DW has engineered its fuel pumps to maximize flow at higher pressures. By designing the armature for torque bias, delaying pressure relief activation, and maximizing impeller efficiency, DW has created a line of pumps with an extremely flat flow curv

Hardwire kit for fuel pump -

Last edited by Skym; 04-23-2013, 03:01 PM.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Eek. I better get on this. I have a tomei pump which didnt come with a hard ware kit (r34 only) but I should upsize the wire and add a relay... I bet it's gonna be a pita

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                  Tuner pumps like Nismo, Tomei, etc should be bolt in (shipped with all the parts needed to install), same with Nismo injectors. Then you need to hardwire fuel pump to get 13.5 volts instead of factory 10-12 volts (Tomei, Deatschwerks, etc sell a hardwire kit).

Cheaper but still good (Bosch brand) would be Deatschwerks (need to buy O ring seal from Nissan, but is in the above fuel pump kits).

Injectors -

Fuel pump -

DeatschWerks Fuel Pumps = The Flow You Want with the Fitment You Need DW has engineered its fuel pumps to maximize flow at higher pressures. By designing the armature for torque bias, delaying pressure relief activation, and maximizing impeller efficiency, DW has created a line of pumps with an extremely flat flow curv

Hardwire kit for fuel pump -

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products...ion-kit-detail
                  Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                  Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                  Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                  Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                  White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                  lol

Comment

On most factory cars the volts can drop to 10 volts at higher rpm. Aftermarket fuel pumps need 13.5 volts to flow the lph they claim.

Doesn't matter so much on a stock or close to car, but does on a modified car that is boosted up.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

I would start the whole conversation with your tuner with the demand of "give me big V8 torque". The combo you have right now won't be too high in the HP department but, with itybity turbos and freeing up the intake and exhaust you should have a boat load of low-end (about 3000rpm) of torque......with the right tune.

Run the best fuel you can get your hands on, make sure its fresh, make sure the cooling system is up to par and use a "Water Wetter" type of additive to make sure there are no hotspots in the system. Nice cold plugs with a .8mm gap. Keeping detonation to a minimum will get you a big torque number. Carry that torque as high as possible and there is your HP #.

Jon.
                      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 04-23-2013, 05:43 PM.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

good advice. My fuel system will be getting upgraded when i upgrade my turbos. I am not really looking for HUGE numbers, just somewhere in the range of 500-600 awhp will do. What turbos do you guys recommend for those kind of #'s? and i would like to go to top mount if all possible to make it easier to work on

Comment

HKS 25/30 or Garrett equivalent at around 1.7bar. That's with Tomei Poncams (Procams are better, as get more hp, torque throughout powerband vs Poncams), adjustable camgears, valve springs, bronze valve guides, forged pistons, etc.
                          Last edited by Skym; 04-23-2013, 06:51 PM.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

man i like what im seeing in here with my gt2860-5 i was aiming for 350 but look like im going up i have lot more modds that could pump up the horses..

So i will be getting tuned next week and just curious as to what power i will be putting down. I have a 91 GTR with a downpipe back exhaust with cat delete pipe, HKS suction kit, and nistune running 13psi. Stock fuel system, stock turbos, and stock internals.

So if anyone knows what they usually put down with these mods let me know, just want to see what everyone has say so i have something to compare to after its tuned and all. (i know every car is different but a general idea is all i am looking for)

Thanks for any insight

whose tunning her if you dont mine telling..

Comment

Originally posted by hp44incgtr View Post
                              man i like what im seeing in here with my gt2860-5 i was aiming for 350 but look like im going up i have lot more modds that could pump up the horses..

Thanks for any insight

whose tunning her if you dont mine telling..
                              A place called covert tuning dynamics. They are located in the states

Comment

Working...
                              X