320km/hr cluster no brand marking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 320km/hr cluster no brand marking?

So a few months ago i picked up a 320km/hr early bnr32 cluster. It has no name marking on it. ive seen nismo, tomei, veilside, and do luck make them but they are all marked. I havent gotten around to swapping it in yet but im just wondering if anyone has any idea what brand it could be or if anyone has ever seen one without a brand marking on it?
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Never seen an unmarked one. The Tomeis are 310, I just sold mine
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

There's also damsel clusters for r32 , I got one from another member on here from Quebec, but you would think any company would put its stamp on it, I wanted to see if it was an original back piece, you know this was mine right, I was texting him, he sold it to me, I drove out to his place to pick up and he said he dropped it and threw it away, was kinda wierd. guess you snaked it out from under me, he "sold" it to me for 50 bucks, not sure what u offered.Anyways, I got a mines tripple guage for 20 bones.

Comment

I have a 300km/h no brand marked.... works perfect: but I will sell it very soon 'cause I got a 320km/h Mine's recently!
        My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Someone sell me one for cheap!!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
          Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
            There's also damsel clusters for r32 , I got one from another member on here from Quebec, but you would think any company would put its stamp on it, I wanted to see if it was an original back piece, you know this was mine right, I was texting him, he sold it to me, I drove out to his place to pick up and he said he dropped it and threw it away, was kinda wierd. guess you snaked it out from under me, he "sold" it to me for 50 bucks, not sure what u offered.Anyways, I got a mines tripple guage for 20 bones.
            I have no idea what you're talking about dude. Sounds likes you have an axe to grind which has nothing to do with me. I paid alot more than $50
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

yeah me too^^

Comment

Lol, sure dude there not many of em out there with no markings, and I saw the "pm sent for cluster " when I got home, you also tried to sell me this cluster in my wtb ad, for a lot more than the 50 I was going to pay, or probably the 100 you paid

Comment

My 300 has no brand marking either. Works fine as well, paid $120 if I remember right...
                  Rick
                  '89 GTST - SOLD
                  '92 GTR
                  '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                  '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Some sell faces for them (made up on a computer, printed) that are stuck over the original factory face. They then fit a speedo adjuster from Jaycar or similar fitted under dash (electric speedo cable on R33, R34) or speedo cable modified to suit on R32 to recalibrate for 320km/h speedo.
                    Last edited by Skym; 04-29-2013, 10:38 AM.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                      Some sell faces for them (made up on a computer, printed) that are stuck over the original factory face. They then fit a speedo adjuster from Jaycar or similar fitted under dash (electric speedo cable on R33, R34) or speedo cable modified to suit on R32 to recalibrate for 320km/h speedo.
                      jesus are you a fricken computer? seriously... how the hell do you know all this stuff, all the time, everytime... ???
                      Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Originally posted by h4X6 View Post
                        jesus are you a fricken computer? seriously... how the hell do you know all this stuff, all the time, everytime... ???
                        Am wondering too!

Comment

I know from people that have done that mod on Stagea, R32, etc (some sell kits that they put together) and has been around for long time (years). They mentioned removing speedo needle, putting back in same place, etc. Also it was something I was looking at doing on my car at some stage, but didn't do it. Some change the gauge plastic surround part as well (custom piece) to match (to make it look modern).
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I've seen some unmarked 300/310/320/340 gauge face. If you take the cluster apart the "professorially" made ones are printed on plastic like the oem, they are printed on both sides with the back side being a negative image (black-out) to block the lights from coming through when lite. I have one that was most likely made by the same supplier as the part number printed on the edge of the face being the same as stock. If you take the bulb(s) out and shine a flash light and the numbers lights up then you most likely have a good one. If the face is a overlay then all the numbers will not light up. If the markings are in red then it's most likely a Tommy Kaira but it should be branded, other brands I can think of are Kensai and HKS (seen only once). You can always print your own brand on water transfer and call it what ever you want.

Comment

Correction, the oem is blue plastic and is printed on the top side only but the markings should light up. The two sided face is the better "home made" after market type.

Comment

Working...
                              X