Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTS-T Bushing Kit?

Hi All,

I am interested in buying a bushing kit for my R32 GTS-T. I know Energy Suspension makes a Sub $200 kit for the 240sx (did it on my old car) which includes everything (front rear control arm bushings, swaybar endlinks and bushings) pretty much the whole 9 yards. Does anything like this exist for R chassis? I have found bushings for various components but not a complete master kit.

Something like this.

Thanks,

-Jordie
    Jordie Lewis
    1993 Skyline Type M

+1

For that. I'm looking for the same exact thing for my BNR32. I sent an email to energy to see what they have available.

Sent from my SC-03D

Comment

Jordie I ended up buying the z32 master bushing kit but it also only covered some of the bushings needed.

Your best off ordering a S13 master bushings kit with addition to do all of the control arms with another kit.

What im tryn to say is the S13 kit bushings will work for almost all of them.
      Last edited by Supraclean; 05-02-2013, 04:47 AM.
      Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Thanks Supaclean. I will probably end out buying the 240sx kit.

would 300zx bushings work with the control arms? it seems skyline specific bushings are 10x the amount of UDSM cars.
        Jordie Lewis
        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Problem with those types of bushes is they need to be lubed every once and while, so make sure they have nipples on them to grease them. In front upper arms I have had the middle metal part seize due to lack of enough lube and ripped the bush apart, so fitted aftermarket upper arms with upgraded rubber bushes.

I would get Nismo bushes, as are better than factory bushes (hardened rubber) and like stock bushes they don't need to be lubed every once and a while (fit and forget) -

I know you don't want to spend much, but sometimes cheaper is not better with some parts.
          Last edited by Skym; 05-02-2013, 12:10 PM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Good call on the bushings. I thought PU offered a replace and forget solution.

I would love the Nismo but I decided to go with the R33 subframe and I need to find a set of offset bushings. I have my mind set on aluminum bushings per that requirement.

I'll use Energy PU bushings everywhere else that I can easily get to .

Sent from my SC-03D
            Last edited by Bigalow; 05-04-2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I can't 100% remember, but Energy or similar brand bushes have a nipple on the bushes to lube them (where I learnt about the nipple on the bushes to lube them).
              RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Here's a list I made up. For the rear, everything is the same as the Z32. I bought the full Energy suspension kit for the rear and have installed it. I found that the bushing are a b*tch to press in, so I shaved down the lip on one end of each bushing.

R32 bushings
                Front
                Lca: none
                Upper camber arm, inner and outer: same as z32
                Caster/radius/tension rod: not sure, I think none
                Sway bar end links: none
                Rear
                Lca inner: same as s13, maybe z32 and s14
                Rca upper and inner: same as s13, 14, 15 z32
                Radius arm: same as s13, 14, 15, z32, r33, 34
                Lower shock mount: same as z32
                Subframe: same as r33, r34 driftworks says s13-15, z32.
                Diff
                Front: same as s13, 14, 15, r33, r34, z32
                Rear: same as z32, s14, s15, r33, r34
                Trans: none
                Motor Mount
                Steering Rack: same as z32
                Column: same as s13, z32
                oh hai!

Comment

I just noticed your list its that for the GTS or GTR?

Sent from my SC-03D

Comment

gtr, but the gts should be darn near identical. i'd check whiteline's site for the specific deifferences
                    oh hai!

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a question for skym regarding the link you posted to the nismo website. Would #7 on the right side page be the FUCA outer bushings?

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                      Problem with those types of bushes is they need to be lubed every once and while, so make sure they have nipples on them to grease them. In front upper arms I have had the middle metal part seize due to lack of enough lube and ripped the bush apart, so fitted aftermarket upper arms with upgraded rubber bushes.

I would get Nismo bushes, as are better than factory bushes (hardened rubber) and like stock bushes they don't need to be lubed every once and a while (fit and forget) -

I know you don't want to spend much, but sometimes cheaper is not better with some parts.
                      Originally posted by victoriaGTR
                      tire smoke makes my wiener tingle.

Comment

No 7 is the front outer upper arm bush.

No 5 is the front upper arm bush kit (usually both sides of car and inner / chassis side, outer / link side bushes).
                        Last edited by Skym; 05-23-2013, 06:09 AM.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                        X