Importing for my first time ER34's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing for my first time ER34's

Hey guys, I havent been on here much since the sale of my beloved GTR in June but i've recently been bit by the skyline bug again and am currently working on bringing in a pair of R34 GT's. Ive decided to go the GT route for max savings considering ive always gutted the factory turbo system and installed an aftermarket system anyways lol

So I have chose to work with Adam @ Feast and already sent off my deposit tonight. He has been pretty helpful and kind considering eveytime we email i'm playing 21 questions. Like I said, I have never done this before so i'm a little nervous although it seems as if he's taking care of me pretty well. Feast seemed to have had pretty good feedback and are supporting members of GTRC so they won for me.

Im planning on keeping everyone updated on the process as it unfolds but does anyone have any experience with this?

Im located close to Toronto and from what ive gathered the car will land in BC. Will the broker take care of all the customs, taxes, and inland shipping to my door so all I have to do is register it with ServiceOntario as I would with any car?

Thanks in advance guys and if anyone know of some GT to GTR conversion bumpers that would be amazing!!

ya a broker can take care of the inland shipping and customs for you..
    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Subscribed!

This is what I plan on doing late winter/early spring once the sti is paid off.

I am very interested in following your progress through this, also interested in the costs associated with importing.
      Broker fees, customs, tax, shipping and cost of the car. I've seen them online for 6k-9k and I'm assuming that's before any fees

Looking forward to your updates!

Why a pair of them?

Comment

Thanks Dah Hunter and STI!

So far its been about a week with almost 0 results. Adam has found a few for me although either they went for too much or they just weren't up to par with my standards. I have decided to increase my budget by another $1000 each and we'll see what that does for us this coming week.

I am importing two for myself and one for a good friend of mine. We have big plans for the track this fall lol

I'll keep everyone updated with pictures and i'll give you a total breakdown of all costs as I get them STI. But heres a rough outline that i'm working with now:

400,000-600,000JPY for a decent example
        80,000JPY for RORO shipping
        60,000-100,000JPY for brokerage and duty, etc.
        inland freight has yet to be determined.

Essentially I have budgeted myself about $15,000CAD for both landed in Toronto, ON. It could be more and it could be less but we'll see as this all unfolds. I'm assuming there will be more hidden costs and fee's somewhere in there.

Comment

Shipping from BC to Ontario is stupid expensive lol, more than Japan to BC. Broker can handle it but you will often get a better rate by handling shipping yourself (in my experience at least). Not sure about prices now but I paid $1400 taxes in. Get it cleared with your customs broker (they'll handle part of the fees, call livingston (they did good work for me), they'll pick it up from the dock and load it up, it'll land probably at the Keele and Rutherford yard, tow it home or to a shop whatever. You'll then need to get safety and e-test done, bring in your import papers including deregistration from japan + invoice etc., proof of temp insurance, pay remainder of taxes, and you're good to go.
          97' R33 GT-R Vspec
          Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

are you serious only 15000 $ for both i thought it was more expensive i know the gtr are way to expensive but it interesting, and keep us update if you have some news for the gtr front end conversion and what about the rear panel are they wider as the r32 gtr be with the gts-t

Comment

Good luck with that budget, 15,000$ would be a good budget for a very nice one not 2

Comment

$15,000 for both.. that will be hard.. i assume your going for a 2 door with less then 150,000Kms, and Minor bolt on's.?
                Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Good luck finding a nice car. Took almost a month of bidding and searching until I found one that meet my criteria.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

TROL

Comment

I originally has a budget of 450000, but upped it to 600000 for the right car. I bid 500000 on the one I got. I think you can bid 500000 and in a few weeks snag a nice car for that price. I bought the white one on Friday with white wheels if you saw it.

TROL

Comment

We just upped our budget to $16,000-$17,000 MAX as there wasn't much in the original price range lol

As an update:

We're still searching around but there much competition on these models so here come the patients :/

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                      Good luck finding a nice car. Took almost a month of bidding and searching until I found one that meet my criteria.

[I originally has a budget of 450000, but upped it to 600000 for the right car. I bid 500000 on the one I got. I think you can bid 500000 and in a few weeks snag a nice car for that price. I bought the white one on Friday with white wheels if you saw it.
                      I havent seen your yet however my original budget was 400,000 but we just upped the total budget to about 600,000 each considering theres nothing worth looking at for any less. btw, pm me if you dont mind I would like some info on you about the process.

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
                      $15,000 for both.. that will be hard.. i assume your going for a 2 door with less then 150,000Kms, and Minor bolt on's.?
                      Im looking for something with around 150,000kms permitting the body is in good shape the existing engine really means nothing to me as i'm building it over the winter. The higher kms dont mean much to me as i'm not really looking for "resale" value lol

Even if it had 400,000kms and the body was spotless i'd still be happy :P

Originally posted by cooke24 View Post
                      Good luck with that budget, 15,000$ would be a good budget for a very nice one not 2
                      I agree but unfortunately that's all I currently have to work with.

Comment

Small Update:

So this is one that we won yesterday just waiting on another that meets my criteria lol Got it for a relatively good price with only 90,000kms and super clean.

Last edited by Tairance; 08-08-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Nice man ! Is that one already have the gtr front end ? How much did you paid for it ?

Comment

That's an altia front end

TROL

Comment

T's been great to deal with and pic below of the first one which is leaving 09/09. Nice non-collision example with low K. Holding upgraded Bilstein suspension, Nismo exh, Nismo panel filter @ optional Altia aero.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
                              For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

Working...
                              X