Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch Choices... OS Giken GT2CD vs. TS2B vs. Excedy vs. ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Choices... OS Giken GT2CD vs. TS2B vs. Excedy vs. ?????

Hey everyone I'm hoping to get some good input on what clutch to purchase. Im pretty sure my clutch is slipping through first unless lack of normal acceleration in first could be some other issue?

Its for my 90 r32 gtr, pretty standard stock setup intake, downpipe, catback exhaust, 11psi. Maybe in the future new turbo's and nistune or standalone but on the very conservative side maybe 420 hp crank.

I'm looking for a clutch that will last a long time with fairly aggressive driving and will handle it's fair share of launches Driveability would be nice but not super important and chatter does not bother me. I'm thinking the clutch that came with the car is a twin OS Giken by the loud chatter and fairly heavy feel and it lasted 6 years for me so I'm pretty impressed

Mainly comparing OS Giken GT2CD(grand touring) and TS2B(TS series).

From what I understand the GT has better street driveability but is more complex so would not handle as many launches and aggressive shift changes. While the simpler TS series could handle more of a beating but might be pretty brutal for the streets. Also if anyone could explain how the hard and soft diaphragm compare on these clutches. finally if any one knows how the dampened and undampened TS series compare.

Im also willing to consider other makes exedy, nismo etc. I was looking at the nismo coppermix because its supposedly pretty good but I don't think it likes to be launched :S

So any feed back on what you think is the best clutch for me would be great. Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OS Giken GT2CD is a dampened twin plate that is more suitable for street use, with the occasional track day. It is designed to offer the most street comfort and driveability in a twin plate.

The TS2BD is also a dampened twin plate, but gauged towards more aggressive use, track days and racing. It is still OK to use on the street, but will be stiffer than the GT2CD.
    If you are drag racing the car, I would go with the TS2BD over the GT2CD.

The Nismo Super Copper Mix is a twin plate designed for track use, but is still very comfortable for the street. It is not built for drag racing and heavy launches, so not a good choice if you are dragging. For circuit use it is very good though, and will hold up to a lot of power.

To properly choose a clutch you should first decide 1) budget 2) main use 3) power output of the car.

We are a dealer for both OS Giken and Nismo, so if you have any questions please let us know.
    Last edited by Daryl @ RightDrive; 08-30-2013, 12:38 PM.
    RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
    http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
    1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Working...
    X