This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpleasant experience with RS Tuning

In January 2013 I dropped my 1991 R32 GTR off at RS tuning to have some additional modifications and repairs done. I had blown the diff at a previous track day and the car was running poorly.

After pestering Radek for six month in person and over the phone my car was given back to me. Durring the six months I recived countless excuses as to why parts were delayed, wrong parts showing up ect ect. I had a feeling I was being lied to but wanted to give Radek the benifit of the doubt.

I picked up the car late on a friday with the hope of being able to participate in a lapping day at TMP the next day.

After warming up my car ( 3 laps), it was making a loud whine from the rear diff and running very poorly.

I found it strange that the diff could be noisey as I had paid RS Tuning to replace the diff with a new Quaife unit. Also strange that after replacing most of the ignition system and adding a new computer that the car was running so poorly.

I had a bad feeling about the whole thing and decided to get a second and third opinion on the condition of the car (both shops are well reviewed on this board). Here is what was found;

1) The 1.5 way quaife diff I had paid for was never installed. It appeared that a very worn used diff had been put in. Here is a photo of the diff;

2) The car wasn't running properly for the following reasons; Wideband sensor not installed properly, wrong ignitor improperly installed, and the tune was badly set up. RS Tuning claimed the car was making 480whp on the dyno. Not sure why this was even attempted, see photo;

3) I paid for a Nissan Motor Sports big brake kit to be installed. It turns out I have calipers and rotors off a 350Z, they are not new and were not properly installed. Pads are only contacting 70% of the rotor.

4) I paid for a new KOYO radiatior to be installed, upon closer inspection it is not new.

5) I paid for an oil cooler to be fabed and installed. The lines that were used leaked everwhere!

6) I paid for a new master cylinder to be installed. The unit installed was used and leaking internally.

7) I was charged for a tire balancing, this was never done as none of the wheels had any weights on them!

8) I paid to have to sparco seats installed. For some reason Radek chopped a piece out of the floor to make the drivers seat sit flush. See photo;

9) In order to make my larger wheels and tires clear properly. I had paid RS Tuning to roll all four corners of the car. All four corners were badly mangled in this process and need to be refinished.

After determining all of the above I gave RS tuning the opportunity to make things right and cover the cost fixing the above. The only offer was to bring the car back, not an option as I could no longer trust RS Tuning.

Luckily I had paid a large part of my final balance with Mastercard. I filed a complaint with Mastercard. After Mastercard did their due diligence, they refunded me all the money I had paid RS Tuning. This unfortunatley it was not enough to cover all the issues but a great start.

I plan to pursue the balance in small claims court!

Thanks for reading....If this thread saves one person from being ripped off like I was then it was worth the time it took to write it!

I will also add some more photos of the above issues shortly!

On a side note everything is now fixed and the car is running great!
    Last edited by R32moneypit; 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM.

While it is good to report experiences good or bad on these forums , I would suggest letting Radek have the chance to make good and resolve this not just for himself or the client , but the good of the car community in general .

There are always 2 sides to each story , The OP posted facts in a respectful and straightforward fashion and kept emotion and anger in check which is very admirable - i'd like to see Radek post a response to at least say things will be resolved here .

Having a bad experience with a shop is bad for all shops , it makes people distrustful of everyone .

@Leung I used to be a certified mechanic & MOT tester years ago in England , I got jaded and complacent in the job and switched careers because of this . Dumb clients , time wasters and people that don't pay make a guy resentful to clients sometimes . Thats when it's time to change careers or risk a clients safety .

Comment

As mentioned previously your opinion is one sided and there are two sides of the story, I for one will not partake in a he said she said debate on a public forum.

Clearly your intent was to defame my name with this post and this i take very seriously!

We are known for building some of the most reliable track raced skylines in the city, and to this my current and past customers can attest.

We are very busy building and working on numerous skylines on a daily basis, for this reason we are not on the forums as much as we would enjoy to be.

If in doubt look at our current and past projects and our shop time attack GTR, our work speaks for itself.

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
      X