Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All is well! Thank you to some but not all....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All is well! Thank you to some but not all....

First of all I would just like to say that I am alright and sustained no injuries other than a few simple lacerations. I have been lurking behind the scenes since the accident observing all of these comments both on here and on facebook. I would like to say thank you to all of those people who were concerned for my well being as opposed to those who were looking for parts before making sure I was still alive. I had over 20 messages numerous calls and texts it was nice to see. Nearly all of the people who were genuine and showed concern for the situation seem to be people who have been around for a while, it seems that these other people who lack common respect and dignity are new to the scene. Where has our community gone to when there is a serious accident and people are more concerned for a part out than a fellow members safety?

For people trying to tie this accident to the WCCE meet they couldn't be further off base. This accident occurred over 3km away from spanish banks where there were no other cars present from the meet other than two of my shop friends. We were quite disappointed with the meet and the antics going on so we decided to leave.

Yes there will be a part out, I should be picking up the car today and will be tearing into it over the next few days. I will most likely post up a part out thread tonight. The thought of transferring everything over into a new shell has been looked at but i have decided against it. I was recently accepted into several law schools and just last week I sent in my deposit to attend law school in Seattle. This means i will be moving to Seattle in five months and will be there for the next three years if not indefinitely. This makes it impractical to swap everything over to a new shell just to have the car sit in storage for several years.

I have compiled a list of people who have lost my respect through this ordeal and I will simply not be selling them any parts from the part out. I feel this is a small but simple way to show my distaste for how the community has changed over the last few years. For those of you who have stood up for myself and shown sympathy I will make you a special deal on anything you might want. Anyone feel free to pm me for more details.

A special thanks to people in the community:
    M13
    Bobbo
    C-Unit
    Independent Speed Shop
    Bryce
    Marvin
    Lee
    Rob
    Adam
    Brent
    Jeff
    Alexa
    Ryan
    Last edited by gtrjon; 03-18-2014, 02:03 PM.
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Good thing you are ok! That picture from that other thread looked like something from those russian dash cams. Horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you're ok, but sad you're leaving us. Mind sharing what happened?
      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Since rumors have been that: i died, i was racing a supra, i was racing an audi, i was racing a bugauti, you can pm me for a response. No i was not racing, like i said i was only with two other cars neither of which would attempt to "race me." When i hit the ditch i was doing under <20km/hr which is probably why i was able to walk away without more than a scratch on my hand. Several have already come out and said that I was driving respectfully at the meet I did not rip on my car anywhere near the meet especially with people with children walking along the beach. I do not condone that sort of behavior.

This wasnt meant to be a q&a thread although i am happy to answer questions. this thread was meant simply to let people know that i am alright and express my distaste for a large number of individuals who think they are holier than thou

Comment

That's all people wanted to know, it was like the second post on fb that u were ok, people don't care about the parts more than a fellow gtrc'er, despite what u or others may think, but anyway, sucks your leaving, I always wanted to see more of your car, maybe a build thread or something... Guess not.. Interested to see the parts anyhow.

Comment

So u just idled into the ditch? Wierd... Not gonna lie... Find it hard to believe. But weirder stuff has happened I guess .

Comment

Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
              So u just idled into the ditch? Wierd... Not gonna lie... Find it hard to believe. But weirder stuff has happened I guess .
              Yes idling into a ditch would be very hard to believe since the definition of idling is that your car is not moving, and you are not applying any throttle. therefore "idling" into a ditch is physically impossible. as stated above when i entered the ditch i had slowed down and was traveling under 20km/hr prob 15-20km/hr which is far from idling hence the end result. The purpose of this was to show that if i were traveling at a higher rate of speed the end result would have been much worse along with the impact most likely preventing me from walking away unscathed.

Comment

As long as your ok, the car is just a peice of metal, whats important is no one was hurt which looks like they could have, I beleive everything happens for a reason, this could have happened to prevent something worse from happening,
                take care
                -1995 BCNR33, Borg S300, Full Race, Link Ecu, Some Other Stuff
                -2007 Dodge 3500, 6 Speed, CTD

Comment

Lol, no need to get technical

Comment

was really glad to see you message me so quick on facebook the other day after the incident. Was very happy to hear that you were okay and still walking. Once again sorry to hear that any of this happened and good luck in your law studies!
                    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

well regardless of what happened, we are happy to hear that you were able to walk away from it.

Comment

Not sure if you got my text or not but I'm glad you are good. I was one of the guys helping and telling people off on Facebook. I hate assholes like that. Know nothing to the story and blah blah blah. Anyways. I'm glad you are safe and not injured other then the scrapes and cuts.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
                        Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Glad to see a Senior member alright. Sorry to see you have to part it out, but good luck with school!

Comment

Glad you are ok jon, hopefully this doesn't steer you clear of owning another r32.
                            Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Sorry to hear.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                              X