Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do cops in your area care about your Skyline being too loud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do cops in your area care about your Skyline being too loud?

Just wondering for those who have straight pipes.

I got a ticket while having straight pipe + cat delete. Skylines are not obnoxiously loud even when straight piped imo, but it seems like the police love to give a hard time to us. Here in British Columbia they are suppose to use a decibel meter to see if your car is over the limit. The cop that pulled me over assumed it was too loud right off the bat and wrote me up with no warnings, I disputed the ticket and haven't heard from since. This was few years ago now. Cops will give you a hard time no matter what part of Canada you are in.

Comment

I've never been given a hard time because of the car I drive but I'm old so can get away with a little more. I'll use a silencer on longer trips and although my exhaust (Tomei Expreme Ti) is fairly loud I use discretion when excellerating.
      What possible reason would you have for wanting to drive a car with a straight pipe? Are you trying to get more tickets? Or just trying to increase the opportunity for more negative publicity for our community?

Comment

All my cars have been straight piped and never ever had an issue. Police or other wise

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
        Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

been copsed twice outta 3 times for ''exhaust noise'' (str8 pipe too) in the past 5 years... even tho i don't look that young (33) and i don't ride like an asshole.. i guess it depends on the cop's mood... or if he's power abuse addicted....
          My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

I PROBABLY HAVE THE WORST LUCK IN THE ******* WORLD RIGHT NOW..

Guess what.. 10 hours after this post I got ******* stopped by a cop. He says my exhaust is too loud and needs an inspection. What the **** man.. I'm pissed. I don't even know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Shayne View Post
              I PROBABLY HAVE THE WORST LUCK IN THE ******* WORLD RIGHT NOW..

Guess what.. 10 hours after this post I got ******* stopped by a cop. He says my exhaust is too loud and needs an inspection. What the **** man.. I'm pissed. I don't even know what to do.
              Ummmm. Put an exhaust on the car?

Comment

Put an exhaust on.

Only reason to have straight pipes:
                1. You're an ass
                2. You are 16
                3. Your car has 1000whp

If none of the above are correct, I'd suggest an exhaust.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Originally posted by hozer View Post
                  Put an exhaust on.

Only reason to have straight pipes:
                  1. You're an ass
                  2. You are 16
                  3. Your car has 1000whp

If none of the above are correct, I'd suggest an exhaust.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Straight pipes sound nice though

Comment

First year I had my car it was straight pipe with no muffler/resonator. Ran it for a whole summer but received a ticket at the end of the season.

I installed a HKS Hi-Power Silent which is 3.7" (straight through muffler and resonator) and the difference was night and day.

It's still pretty loud if you floor it but like bobbo said, use discretion when you're accelerating.

Straight pipe was obnoxiously loud for no reason and I don't get bothered anymore. Driving and worying all the time if you're going to get stopped by a cop completely removes the joy out of driving imo.
                    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
                      First year I had my car it was straight pipe with no muffler/resonator. Ran it for a whole summer but received a ticket at the end of the season.

I installed a HKS Hi-Power Silent which is 3.7" (straight through muffler and resonator) and the difference was night and day.

It's still pretty loud if you floor it but like bobbo said, use discretion when you're accelerating.

Straight pipe was obnoxiously loud for no reason and I don't get bothered anymore. Driving and worying all the time if you're going to get stopped by a cop completely removes the joy out of driving imo.
                      The tickets are no problem for me. I don't care about the tickets, it's the inspection that's going to **** me over.

Comment

I think AB is the only province where you can get away with ridiculous exhaust setups. The number of stupid lifted trucks with exhaust stacks behind the cab is staggering and disgusting.

Comment

I got followed home by a cop one time, he said my exhaust was too big, nothing other than the oem was allowed, he said I had to call Nissan and order the stock exhaust. Was just an excuse to pull me over, as he was talking to me I pointed out about 10 cars/trucks with exhausts, two others of my own, he said he agreed with me but it was his job to do so, that was 2 yrs ago... I just got a bigger exhaust lol

Comment

I honestly can not wrap my head around the purpose of loud exhausts. It serves 0 purpose, it increases the chance of being pulled over 100 fold, it is annoying and inconsiderate and it makes all of us look bad.

For the love of good just make your car reasonably loud and don't be a wiener. You only disservice yourself by not doing so.
                            Last edited by hozer; 04-09-2014, 12:42 PM.
                            Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                            hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Although I don't think the loudest is the best, I still much prefer a Tomei aftermarket or something along those lines compared to the stock. I feel like the stock exhaust bellow isn't deep enough to justify it being in a GTR. That's my opinion though.

Comment

Working...
                              X