Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think autopac will write off my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think autopac will write off my car?

My car was involved in an accident a couple of days ago. I'll try to post pictures later. It's a 89 r32 gtr with 160,000kms. My retard friend rear ended a truck with it. Damage looks like it's the whole bumper assembly, passenger headlight, hood, punctured radiator, and the radiator top support is bent upwards. The rest of the car is in good condition. New wheels and tires too. Do you guys think that's enough damage for autopac to want to write it off? Thanks guys

Considering they write off cars for absolutely minimal damage these days and considering it's age plus being right-handed, most likely.
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 1990 BNR32

Comment

if they do buy it back, part it, and sell the firewall/vin to someone who wants to do something illegal :P

Comment

good chance yes. you can buy it back as stated, fix it and still drive it.
        Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

I should be written off. It'll help raise the price of other skylines The more that get written off (even for $1000 damage) the harder it is to insure too however haha.

Unless you got an appraisal done for insurance, they think it's worth $1-2000
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

its not that hard to fix a rad support. most importers sell nose cuts and would have most of the parts you need to fix it included (minus the rad and hood)

anything can be repaired, depends on how attached you are to the car.
            Jordie Lewis
            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Make your case for it being a collector vehicle with sentimental value to you. You can't write-off sentimental value.

If they really don't want to you can buy it back from them and repair it yourself.
              R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Buy it back and tell your retard friend to pay for it

Comment

It was estimated at $8000 damage by the body shop but autopac wants to fix it! I took it to JMAX auto body and they found all the parts through rocky mountain imports in bc. I'm soo surprised it's being fixed. They're even putting on an N1 bumper instead of the regular one it had when it was in the accident.

Comment

You are very lucky, you should kick your friend on the down under...

Comment

Working...
                    X