Moncton Atlantic Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moncton Atlantic Nationals

I was at the Moncton Atlantic nationals car show last week... anyone else on here attend?

I would have but didn't get back from a work trip in time. It's a blast and a number of east coasters have talked about doing a meet for it but it's never happened.
    I see your not too active on here. I would recommend checking out http://www.armsinc.ca/forum/ if you have any interest in getting involved in motorsports. I'm the VP of AFRA if you want a membership (req'd for any events) and an instructor if you want a lapping or Time Attack license.
    Feel free to PM me for any more info.

Comment

Thanks for that info, I have definitely considered it for sure, I've done autox events before in the WRX but never any track time. The GTR isn't up to track duties as of right now, just street use... tires, brakes, suspension are on the to do list.... suspension being needed first.

Comment

always a good turn out. would be nice to see more skylines!!

Comment

It was a great turn out again this year for sure.... I had my R33 in there Sat and Sun, brought home a sweet prize too!!!

Comment

Missed this and the first few months of the season do to work as well.

Hey bobbo are they running any more lapping schools? My trip to beautiful Wainwright screwed up my plans for the May 19th session.

Also there is a Tuner's oriented car show tomorrow in Dieppe at the Dieppe Rotary park, 11-3, $10 to enter your car. It's the first year for the show and it would be nice to see some more skylines come out.

Comment

There is another school in Sept. I'd have to verify but I believe it's the first weekend. If you have a date in mind for a lapping event I MIGHT be able to pull some strings and get you signed off. You've done quite a bit of Auto X right?
              Dieppe is VERY tempting but there's an Auto X here. I'd rather drive than park

Comment

Maybe we should actually cruze there next year?!
                Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Definitely do a cruise next year for sure

Comment

Go to the "Skytimers" thread. People have talked about doing it but it never seems to happen.
                    East (Ontario) and West (BC) do a Skymeet. The Nationals would likely be an excellent venue to do Skymeet Atlantic. If (for once) I'm around I'd certainly be interested. Considering the magnitude of the Nationals we might even be able to convince some Quebec owners to come.
                    We'd have to contact the organizers and advise them so we could have our own section. Beside the Z Club perhaps?

Comment

Yes much more fun driving, we have an Auto X event here tomorrow First one this year for me so I'm pretty pumped!

bobbo I have done maybe 10 events or so, driving on a track would take some practice I imagine. If I were to make the September course and get my license, that would be good for a year? What is the policy for renewal each year?

As for a meet next year at the Nationals, I would be interested. As long as work doesn't get in the way again. It would be nice if we could finally get one together.

Comment

I'm in Ireland for the first of the month but text me your pers info and I'll make arrangements to get you set up and looked after.

Comment

This years Atlantic Nationals was the second time I entered the car in the show and had great response on the car from the organizers and the public. Lots of rare and unique vehicles there, our skylines really show well

I'm already planning for next years event as well, I sign up for the weekend which gets your name entered in for the top random draw prizes (This year was a 2015 Silverado, crate engines, wheel/tire packages, welders, etc) really worth while checking out their website http://www.atlanticnationals.com/ The Sat night cruise on Mountain road is awesome, a 4 hour rolling car show basically

Organizing a "Skymeet" at the nationals next year would be a great idea, one I'm in for. I agree on starting up a new thread on here to promote it and to get the word out.

Comment

Not sure where in NS you are "Redpepper" but Thursday night at Woodside A&W in Dartmouth is a good time.

Comment

I had every opportunity to go to the Nationals, however, I opted to stay home and work on my skyline all weekend. Like Bobbo, work gets in the way for me a lot so sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Had I known there were skylines going to attend I would have probably taken a few hours out of the day! If there's a skyline meet next year I'll definitely be down.

R33 East, if my car would ever stop throwing me curve balls and get going within the next couple weeks then I'm hoping to attend the time attacks in August and September. I've only been there once (in May) but its a blast, really blows autoX out of the water (at least it did for me). One piece of advise though, don't be shy to invest in some decent brake pads.... If your brakes start to fade out 4 laps in it cast a bit of a shadow over the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X