New to the Skyline scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Skyline scene

Well, i'm sure i'm going to take some flack, so i'll try and be prepared here.

I've read some FAQ's and other threads related to my questions that i'm looking to get answered. There's lots of specifics, but not exactly what i'm looking for. My questions are very short, and pretty to the point, so i don't imagine there would be some crazy hubbub about my wrong doings.

All i'm curious to know at this moment is:

-I'm looking to purchase an R33, RB26DET. OR, an R34 GTT, RB25DET.

I know the RB26 is the "bee's knees". And i also know that anything engine related is quite expensive to fix.

That being said, when it comes to common parts,

A) Are they generally inexpensive to replace? ie, a wheel bearing won't cost $400-$500?
    B) I don't plan on running highly modified at all, in fact, i'd prefer to stay as stock as possible.
    C) I believe now that these R32-34's are coming over more, the aftermarket industry for "our" parts are getting wider. Are parts easy to replace, generally speaking? Without talks of dismantling engines?

Just quick simple questions.

Thanks for your patience guys! Again, sorry if i've butchered that search button.

I haven't had any issues finding anything, just bought a wheel bearing or my gtr for 80$, the rears are same as z32. A lot of suspension bits and that can be interchanged with 240 or z32.

Comment

^i concur z32 chassis is almost identical to r32,33...not sure about r34.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

countless parts are available. Ways of getting enough money to keep up with the "habit"... more difficult.
        Membership has it's rewards.

Comment

If you have to ask how much something is? You probably can't afford it.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

It's a 15 to 20+ year old car... There will be lots of regular maintenance.

There's a lot of factors, you should consider.

Depending on which province you have to insure the car in, whether or not its a primary vehicle, high or low km's alreasy, how much you drive, how hard you drive, etc.

It could cost you up to $20,000 a year to operate the vehicle.
          www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

I would have stopped At 20 year old car , Justin you gonna let me reseal your tail lights or what???!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X