Headlight Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Restoration

My headlights were pretty yellow and It always bothered me so a while back I picked up a Turtle Wax headlight restoration kit. I've got a set of HID's on the way so I figured today was a good day to give it a try and see how well it would clean up the lenses , it's basically sanding pads with 4 different grits to remove the layer of oxidization and pollish to finish it off with. I put masking tape around the lights so if I slipped by mistake I wouldn't scuff up the paint, worked out really good, much better than I expected it would.

So for anyone who's got cloudy, yellow headlight lenses this is an easy way to make them look good again.

This is what they looked like pretty cloudy and yellow

Driver's side done major difference

Both done, looks like new compared to what I started with

You can actually get them to come out clearer than that. Get yourself a Buffer (preferably one with a variable speed setting) and get some 3M quick cut you can make those things look brand spanking new. Just putt the buffer on a low setting and go to town for about 5 min a light. Good job though man. Big difference!

Comment

Done the same on my car, so much better!!!
      Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Any brand of extra brightening tooth past works incredibly well as well. Use an arbour with a Velcro backing and a medium cut 4" foam pad on a drill and you will be stunned how well it works. Finish up with some swirl remover and they will be like new.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
        X