Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a factory BNR32 pass Ontario emissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a factory BNR32 pass Ontario emissions?

Hey all, I know there have been changes to Ontario's drive clean setup regarding grey market vehicles...from what I know, limits for grey market cars are a lot higher than normal cars.

Hypothetically, would a stock GTR in good running order, pass?
    Victory is on the horizon..

Hypothetically yes. When I got mine done in July I was told there's no such thing as grey market vehicle e test in Ontario. And there is no skyline anywhere in the system so they will match your car as close as possible to a known vehicle here. That's what my inspector did, and I know him quite well. As far as test itself it's a two speed idle.
    Put the cat back in , if you have a decat(duh), I did an oil change and a fresh fuel filter. I would recommend gaping the plugs up to factory 1.1 but didn't do it for my Ecr. Test took a bit longer due to the fact that .8 will burn less gas than 1.1, especially at 2500rpm. If you haven't driven your Bnr in some time I would rec getting a fresh batch of octane and a blast down the QEW to get the cat working as the 20 year old ones tend to get dormant. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ryan mine passes all the time, registered as grey market since the introduction of the new law. I just have intakes/full ss muffler. Having a stock cat would work too.

Comment

Mine just passed without a cat!!! isn't that hard as they are held to the standard of a 1980's car. lol

Comment

My GTS-4 just passed a month or two ago. No mods but an air filter. They did the 2 speed idle test, ran it as a 2.0L "Other Other". Passed without any issues.
          92 GTS-4

Comment

Mine passed easily without the gray market status. Just slapped a cheap $50 cat on it

Comment

Just did mine Friday had full tank of gas from last year ran it and put a full tank and burly marked on the etest sheet sniffer in the tail pipe and the guy pluged some thing in the cigarette lighter passed with flying colors

Comment

Working...
              X