Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage time is coming!

Hey guy!

So another week or two and it will be time to park the skyline for the winter

I'm fortunate enough to have a garage to park it in, but my question is, are there any special things I should do/during the winter months with her?

My garage is not heated, but I so have a wood stove for when in out here workin on stuff. I plan on putting a bit of fuel stabilizer in the gas and start/idle once a week.

Any other suggestions? ( I will be working on her over the winter as well so I don't mind doing extra)

My cave .... And my winter beater.

Cheers,

Terry
    Last edited by future_R34; 09-28-2014, 06:14 PM.
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Fuel stabliser like you said, change the oil, pull the plugs and get a fogging type product and give the cylinders a light misting of oil, do not start the engine until it's time to start driving it again.
    Also adding another 10-15 psi to the tires is a good idea, keep the windows cracked, a good thurough wash and remove the battery and keep it somewhere warm and don't sit it on concrete. Battery tenders are a good idea but I just give mine a trickle charge every couple of months.
    Most importantly buy lots of go fast parts for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
      Most importantly buy lots of go fast parts for it.
      That's the plan

Comment

+1 for misting the cylinders with oil to prevent rusting, and dont bother starting it like bobbo said, just creates more condensation.

Comment

So I've fogged my boat engine before..... Same thing with the car? Spray untill it stalls? Can't seem to find much info about it. Is it Safe to blow through the turbo?

Comment

Im not sure howd youd do it on a boat engine, just pull the plugs and mist a bit

Comment

What's this window cracking you speak off bobbo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No Terry it's not a boat!!! U shouldn't spray atomized fluids into any part of intake before the turbo...just sounds like a bad idea.....:$ if anything pull the plugs...but wouldn't it make sense to turn the crank by hand to even distribute the fog in the cyl ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With boats, you run at a fast idle, spray in the carbs and then back to idle and spray in carbs untill the engine stalls. Then pull plugs and soar cylinders.

I guess I'll just spray into each cylinder and crank a few times and re-spray to try and coat everything? What fogging product do you guys use?

Comment

Crack the window so there's some air circulation. It'll help prevent musty smells.
                    As far as fogging the cylinders goes. Like someone said above you just pull the plugs and give the cylinders a spray. TBH I don't do it but my garage doesn't go below 12-13 degrees.
                    Also for the first start up for the season I pull the ecu fuse and turn the engine over on the starter until the oil pressure comes up.

Comment

Working...
                    X