Towing from Canada to the US question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing from Canada to the US question

I how someone on here knows this already. I tried searching and could find info about going into Canada, but not from Canada to the US. Any help would be extremely grateful.

I am looking to possible tow my skyline across the border after it becomes legal...of course.

Will there be anything out of the ordinary other than the normal paperwork and such for bringing a 25 year old car into the US?

Do you know if the tow vehicle can be a rental or does it need to be in my name?

I'm asking to find the easiest way to get up to Canada and travel and get the car without having the wife drive all over creation in a second car because we will be covering some miles and I don't want her to get tired behind the wheel. Not that it matters...or it may, but we'll be coming across near Niagara and Toronto.

Thanks in advance.

PM me. I'll share what I learned last May trailering my car into the US.

Comment

what year is your car?
      91'- GTR - SOLD
      94'- GTR

Comment

It's a '90 and will be legal, based on the month of manufacture, when I bring it over. All the proper paperwork will be filled out also.

I'm just wondering if there is any greater hassle with towing it over the border as opposed to driving it.

Comment

I was expecting a huge headache when I sent a Nismo R32 down on show or display, but I had all the paperwork in order and a customs broker took care of the duty and taxes and it was no trouble at all.
          Had a few GTR's here and there..

Comment

I do not have a broker and will be handling it myself. I was advised to reach out to the port of crossing and see about getting things in order prior to showing up at their door step.

Thanks bobbo!

Comment

Working...
            X