Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying a Skyline GTR R32...again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying a Skyline GTR R32...again..

Hello all,

I used to own a 1990 Nissan Skyline GTR R32 a few years ago, and as some of you know I sold it when my wife and I bought our house. We are now considering buying another.. We are debating on importing one or buying one already landed or not at all..

We found one for sale that is a 1994 GTR R32 V Spec II, the car seems very clean and in good shape but we have not looked at it yet, may in the near future. The car was originally listed from Osaka Motors in Montreal but after speaking with a Chris from that dealer, he mentioned that a friend of his is picking up the car to move it to Edmonton to list for sale. The car will be in Ontario for the next couple weeks, so I have until then to decide...

Could someone run the car and provide any information they know, when it was made, would this care have the upgraded oil pump and what not.. anything would be beneficial. BNR32-308746.

My plan would be after I look at it and decide if I like it, to send it to RS Tuning to have them complete a once over to ensure all is good with the car prior to actually buying it.

If this is not a car we purchase, would anyone recommend an alternative in locating a GTR to purchase? local vs importing etc.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by Nvdgtr; 01-04-2016, 10:41 PM.

damnit that car is moving? I wanted it as my next one when the current sells lol.

Sorry I can't add to the conversation but good luck with buy. It does look clean eh?

Comment

I ran the VIN through FAST. It looks like it was made in April of 1994 so I think the oiling issues were taken care of by then. Color code is 326 which is white so that will let you know if it is still the stock color.

Last edited by StarkTemplar; 01-05-2016, 07:44 AM. Reason: formatting
      1990 Skyline GT-R

Comment

Thanks, anyway to tell if it is actually a vspec 2?

Comment

brembo brakes, should have bbs wheels but thats changeable. I don't know what othre changes were vspec

Comment

According to this site, it is a v-spec II based on the model code breakdown.

http://www.users.on.net/~goofyhsk/in...sis_plate.html
            1990 Skyline GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by StarkTemplar View Post
              According to this site, it is a v-spec II based on the model code breakdown.

http://www.users.on.net/~goofyhsk/in...sis_plate.html

Thanks

Comment

Ive dealt with Osaka on a few occasions. I wouldnt trust their cars. Buddys family owns a wreckers in japan and most of the cars that go in there are hit. Be aware of bodywork, mismatched colours, etc. Also had a bad experience getting engines from them. Bought 2 sr20's and both were blown, one being a completely warped head. Upon inspection, the heads had recently been mated to the motor and headgasket was reused or least thats what it looked like.
                Be aware...

Comment

Originally posted by MakeEveryDayAMemory View Post
                  Ive dealt with Osaka on a few occasions. I wouldnt trust their cars. Buddys family owns a wreckers in japan and most of the cars that go in there are hit. Be aware of bodywork, mismatched colours, etc. Also had a bad experience getting engines from them. Bought 2 sr20's and both were blown, one being a completely warped head. Upon inspection, the heads had recently been mated to the motor and headgasket was reused or least thats what it looked like.
                  Be aware...
                  Thanks for the input, I have passed on the car. Other things in my life at this moment in time is more important. A baby is on the way! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X