Install subframe bushing for R32 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install subframe bushing for R32 GTR

Hey everyone I hope you guy can help me to figure out what should I do. I recently drop the rear subframe out of my car and I want to replace the subframe bushing. But when I remove the bushing i cut through the bushing even the outer sleeves. What should I do?

Since noones suggesting anything to you i'll give the stupid suggestion of weld it shut and grind it flat?

Comment

Okay I"m not 100% certain which outer sleeve you cut. IF its the on on the subframe either weld it shut or buy a new subframe. If its the metal sleeve thats on the ouside of the bush go whiteline or Nismo as they have the metal outer sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
        Okay I"m not 100% certain which outer sleeve you cut. IF its the on on the subframe either weld it shut or buy a new subframe. If its the metal sleeve thats on the ouside of the bush go whiteline or Nismo as they have the metal outer sleeves.
        http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_...sans_vehicle=1
        I was find out the way to solve the problem. Thanks man

Comment

and did you think that anyone else may run into the same issue as you and want to hear that solution?

Comment

and did you think that anyone else may run into the same issue as you and want to hear that solution?
            I think probably no.

Comment

Originally posted by blkgtr02 View Post

I think probably no.
              What did you do to fix the issue...I hate forum posts that end in "fixed it thanks" without an explanation...

Comment

What did you do to fix the issue...I hate forum posts that end in "fixed it thanks" without an explanation...
                I was fix the damaged one and I didn't do it by myself. I was ask my friend to do that. So I don't really clear how to do that. But basically you need clean all the rubber in the bushing. And you have to keep the oem metal bushing ring in the bushing hole. But if you go with metal bushing or let's say solid metal bushing you don't need that bushing ring stay in the hole. You can use a hacksaw to cut it. Be carefully don't damage the bushing hole.

Comment

Naw mate I already pulled my bushings and bought whitelines, i was just curious how you repaired the outer sleeve. No worries.

Comment

Naw mate I already pulled my bushings and bought whitelines, i was just curious how you repaired the outer sleeve. No worries.
                    My friend was did it for me but whitelines is good choice. You don't need to takes a long time to burn the rubber around inside of the bushing. I got some other question on hicas removal. Are you going to remove the rear wheel steering?

Comment

Working...
                    X