hicas lock worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hicas lock worth it?

last fall i posted a thread about my hicas dying randomly. since it was winter, i was caught up with snowmobiling and work and basicly parked the GTR and never fixed it. with spring coming, its time to deal with it.
    what happened was that i matted the car, chirped it into second, and right as it chirped, the car kinda shuttered and my hicas light came on. i checked fluids and everything seems normal. the car still drives normal.
    so heres the question.

is it more worth it to try to fix the problem?
    or get a hicas lock kit and just forget about it? i dont want the light to stay on. a hicas kit in the classified section says the light wont come on, but mine is already on..... so i dont really know what will happen...since i dont know whats broken.
    and option 3 is just remove hicas completly. what is involved in this? and how much weight would i drop?

the car is pretty much just be a daily driver. i work 15 mins from home so it wouldnt be much driving. just to and from work, and a few longer trips to the city on weekends. and if i keep the car this year, maybe a couple track days.
    WHEN MY TURBO'S GET SPOOLED, YOUR GONNA GET SCHOOLED
    (OO)______(OO)
    Originally posted by Snow
    Japanese boys remind me of my Skyline

search is god...

i have to same problem as you...hicas will be locked out since i am thinking of going RWD anyways...

hicas tends to be unpredictable at times and that is why some people choose to lock it out so it wont kick in at random times...
    Fraser Valley Imports.ca
    (The Detailer)
    We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
    Car Project: In The Making

Comment

i put the hicas lock on my car, imo i find it feels much more solid and predictable as opposed to when i had the working hicas, and of course its one less thing to worry about

Comment

Driving home tonight, my car decided to start pulling to the right quite severely. So I steered a bit to the left, quite severely. This happened at about 85kmh. The car continued pulling to the right, so I contined to steer to the left until I approached a traffic light. As my speed slowed, I could feel the back end of the car begin to slowly "crab walk" (thats how it felt) back into a straight line. This happened while cruising along at 85kms, and had I not been aware that my HICAS sucks and only works sometimes (usually, like this case, when it's not needed), I may have panicked as the back of the car "slid" out.

It's more trouble then its worth to keep it, and it's dirt cheap to eliminate it. I say off with its head. In my case it's unpredictable, and I don't like that, so I'm dumping it as soon as I get my next pay check :-)

It was a kind of neat feeling as the car "crab walked" back into a straight line though :drive:

Comment

oh yah and on a further note...removing the solenoid...makes oil changes MUCH MUCH MUCH easier!!!!

on a GTR at least
          Fraser Valley Imports.ca
          (The Detailer)
          We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
          Car Project: In The Making

Comment

Originally posted by DeviantRebel442 View Post
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthre...ght=hicas+lock

search is god...

i have to same problem as you...hicas will be locked out since i am thinking of going RWD anyways...

hicas tends to be unpredictable at times and that is why some people choose to lock it out so it wont kick in at random times...
            well that doesnt seem TOOO bad... does anybody know is its the same for a GTR aswell? im assuming it is since both are plain old hicas.
            WHEN MY TURBO'S GET SPOOLED, YOUR GONNA GET SCHOOLED
            (OO)______(OO)
            Originally posted by Snow
            Japanese boys remind me of my Skyline

Comment

Working...
            X