Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subframe bushings. OEM? Nismo? Aluminum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subframe bushings. OEM? Nismo? Aluminum?

I am badly needing to replace my subframe bushings (Noisy, dancing around, clunking) and I really have no idea what to replace them with. The car will see the occasional track day, but mainly driven on the street. I realize it is big job but I am pretty sure a few east guys can help me tackle it on a weekend. Open to suggestions.

Andrew
    '12 STi Sedan

I would recommend almuinum.
    My 89 runs full set on rear subframe and i love em !

Makes the ride jittery and you notice every imperfection in the surface your driving on

edit ----is brutal on shitty roads-----edit
    Can be installed 30-45 mins.

Comment

how hard is it to install new rear subframe bushings?
      91 skyline gts-t M - holy WTF back again!

Comment

I've always known them as pineapple bushes.

The stock rubber bushes reduce NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness). Nismo use hardened rubber bushes and stronger than stock. I have few Nismo bushes on my car and I've noticed they reduce alot of movement. Aluminium would reduce movement to 0 and is used on racecars.

Also you can get pineapple bushes from Whiteline that can be setup for more traction (racetrack), less traction (drift), etc.

Here's the install instructions for pineapple bushes and explains how they work -

Whiteline Suspensions 404 Page not found. The Page you are looking for could not be found. You either miss typed a url or went to a dead link.

I would look at diffhead bushes as well, as that is where the flex (axle tramp) would be directed at after fitting pineapple bushes.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

The Nismo bushings are a good balance between performance and strength, while still being driveable on the street.
          I wouldn't recommend aluminum bushings unless you are building a circuit only car.

Here is a pic of the Nismo bushing, if you are interested please PM me for pricing information. They are pretty reasonably priced.

RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Right now I am used to having pretty much no bushings at all, so any improvement is a good one. As far as pricing goes, it seems aluminum bushings are about 1/3 - 1/4 the price of the Nismos. Is it that much of a substantial difference going to aluminum from nismo hardened bushigs to negate the $200 difference? ($75ish for alums, $250+ for nismos)
            '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Comfortable ride, less NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) with Nismo bushes.

You don't want a harsh feeling with solid mounting. It's not so good on your spine if you hit bumps in the road, etc. It's one of the reasons I fitted Bilsteins (From Bilstein in Japan) to my car, as they have good ride quality and good on your back.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Is there an alternative to nismos? I noticed that the whiteline products were just subframe collars, and won't replace my currently warn bushings.
                '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by BurlyR32 View Post
                  Is there an alternative to nismos? I noticed that the whiteline products were just subframe collars, and won't replace my currently warn bushings.
                  Yo Andrew,
                  Have you looked at Energy Suspension Bushings. Dont quote me but I think 300zx Subframe Bushings are the same. Can be ordered alone or will come in a Master Set.

Looky Looky, Get "Black" as they calim to be "Graphite Impregnated"
                  http://www.czp.us/Cart/description.p...172.39.254.228

Comment

I think I'm gonna order those

$170 US for the master set, looks good to me.

You plan on doing them as well?

Is this entire kit compatible with R32?
                    '12 STi Sedan

Comment

The 300zx kit from ES will cover the subframe, rear diff carrier, HCR32 tension rods and possibly the front lower control arm. I don't think the swaw bar stuff, or steering will cross over. I just did my tension rods, and will do the diff and subframe this weekend..
                      1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
                      1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

I only need the subframe and diff carrier bushings, so ill probably just buy them rather than the master kit. All my suspension arms are new.
                        '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by BurlyR32 View Post

You plan on doing them as well?
                          Yes I plan on replacing them maybe this summer. I dont feel any clunkin or sloppiness, just some wheel hop. Its not a priority as of yet.

Comment

Yeah I am getting a ton of wheel hop and big clunks.. not fun to drive at all. I had Sasha at SG have a look at the rear end and he said they were the only thing showing abnormal wear out back, so I am assuming thats what is causing the noise/shitty ride quality.
                            '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Replaced mine with Nismos. Can't complain about them!

Originally posted by Daryl @ TunerLab.jp View Post
                              The Nismo bushings are a good balance between performance and strength, while still being driveable on the street.
                              I wouldn't recommend aluminum bushings unless you are building a circuit only car.

Here is a pic of the Nismo bushing, if you are interested please PM me for pricing information. They are pretty reasonably priced.

Comment

Working...
                              X