Apexi Power Intake too restrictive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apexi Power Intake too restrictive?

So I was talking with my buds the other day and they noticed I was running the Apexi Power Intake Air Filter. So we started discussing and they are saying that this filter is too restrictive. We look at a KnN filter and you can see daylight looking through the filter(barely). But when looking through Apexi filter there is no see through. I did have an HKS filter on before but heard they don't filter anything. I thought Apexi was the better of the three. What's your views on the Apexi? Should I go back to HKS or purchase a KnN?

Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Never had problems with Apexi podfilter, except needed to replace due to filter element getting dirty.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanks for that Tyler, thats awesome and answers the questions I had on the subject.
        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

i used a hks pod filter but found it really didnt filter well for DD use.
          now i use a apexi powerflow and the filter i feel is realy good, you can hear it suck in vaccum, not sure if that makes any difference but with my foam filter it didnt do that.

Comment

interesting

Comment

I had read that article before buying my Apexi which was interesting. Curious as to who else runs a Apexi and if they changed brands.

Comment

I've stuck with Apexi since I got my first skyline and I stand by it. I would say the ability to see light through your filter isn't a good thing....I would actually conclude the exact opposite of your friends view on that.
                “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

damn it, why did I have to see this thread.....now you guys have me doubting my hks air filter

i'm pretty sure i have the more expensive racing suction kit (yellow) vs the mega flow kit (green) and i'm hoping it works better too lol...anyone know how much performance differs?? if at all??

Comment

My understanding is HKS flows well but lets in alot of crap. I'm in the process of switching from HKS to an ARC box with K&N filters. I'm sure if you switch the filters regularly it shouldn't be a problem but I decided to not take that chance anymore.
                    sigpic

Comment

Does anyone rock this one?

Aftermarket performance products. Founded in Japan in 1992, A’PEXi has grown from just a small tuning parts manufacturer to a multi-industry international powerhouse. 2018 marked the 20th year for A’PEXi USA and the 26th year for the A’PEXi Group of Companies.

I've seen the regular Power Intakes everywhere...but never this.

Comment

the reason u never see that is because thats a picture of one for liek an R34 GT-T... that extra pipe is something unique to the R34 series.. and since its only ONE filter.. its clearly not for a GTR..

i use the twin apexi full suction kit... love it, works the best, sounds the best, ... but of course you pay top price for the best.

love hate relationship.
                        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

^that is exclusive to all S and R chassis cars, but I misread the page. I thought it was a different airfilter as well, I was mistaken.

Comment

I've had several Apexi's and they are great. Flowed better than the K&N which I replaced, and the induction noise is also far superior
                            Fraser Valley Imports
                            Cars:
                            1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
                            1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
                            2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

I bought my APEXi from JNS last April and loved every minute of it.

I'm going with a different set up now so Snow can tell us how he likes it.

APEXi > K&N > OEM > HKS mushroom of death

Comment

Working...
                              X