GTR Rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTR Rotors

I was just looking for a list of avaliable rotors that fit a stock r32 gtr.
    The car will see the track a bit more this year so Im not sure about replacing with a set of OEM cross drilled.

Just looking for other options trying to stay away from big brake kits.
    The only company that found with ease was EBC makes a set of slotted rotors.
    Any others people have used and like?

Dan

People (and supposedly magazines too) say big brake kits actually hurt your stopping performance so you're not missing on anything. Slotted rotors are the better choice though I went with drilled and slotted. The some people said drilled crack more easily. Slotted are more than fine with good pads on such a heavy car.

EBC makes good brake systems. EBC rotors and EBC red pads will do well. Yellow may be more for street (correct me if I'm wrong). Hawk are nice too. just make sure your rotors are better quality/stronger than your pads otherwise your rotors become the wear item. That happened to someone I know who used some really good pads on stock rotors (think it was a Jeep) and the rotors more or less failed while the pads had 80% or more left.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
      People (and supposedly magazines too) say big brake kits actually hurt your stopping performance......
      Alright, WHO said THAT ? ...and, did you take it out of context in any way, as by the sounds of it, someone hurt your feelings. What happened ?

Comment

I forget what magazine it was.

My friend sent me this. Lots of really funny ones in there. Check out whats at 1:52 http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6553961/fail-compilation-june-2011 Enjoy!
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

People (and supposedly magazines too) say big brake kits actually hurt your stopping performance so you're not missing on anything. Slotted rotors are the better choice though I went with drilled and slotted. The some people said drilled crack more easily. Slotted are more than fine with good pads on such a heavy car.
          Plausible. Big brake kits by no means stop you quicker then a stock system but they offer greater fade resistance.

But i agree with you this time, slotted rotors and a good set of pads, proper fluid and some nice lines and you have some serious brakes waiting for you when you need them. Drilled rotors wear really funny so replacing pads can sometimes mean rotors too.

Comment

What a joke....ofcourse OEM BIAS if affected and can hurt aftermarket performance......if not 're-tuned'. GAWD......

This is the kit I am ordering:
            This is a unique single rib design E- 4340 chrome-moly forged rod. Overall, the clean, windage-reducing design and strength of these Pauter rods has proven to...

Monsterous, OEM Parts, Readilly available for future maintenance (everything 370Z 'Sport).....and because it's an OEM Kit, should play nicer with existing BIAS and MC setup, in comparison to a 'JDM' 8pot front 6pot rear.....lol

Pimp....

Comment

that is pimp looking. No bigger than R32 OEM but most likely better quality. The factory brakes are more than good enough for street use!
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

No bigger than R32 OEM but most likely better quality.
                Nope. These things are MASSIVE and even dwarf the Brembo Calipers on the 350Z Sport....Google it and you will see comparisons.
                Also, the Rotors are 355mm Fronts and 350mm backs.

Yes, it might be a 4 Pot/2 Pot kit......but overall, they are MASSIVE and use much larger pistons.

As you can see the comparison to the 350Z Brembo Caliper above, imagine them beside the R32 GTR Calipers.....most likely TWICE the size physically in both front and rear.

Again, nice try Franc.
                Google is your friend
                .....SO USE IT before you comment....LOL
                (just kidding)....

Comment

I didn't say they were bad, just looked a bit bigger with larger rotors. Either way, the good thing is your getting big brakes for half price so to speak.

I had Hawk pads and drilled rotors on both GTRs and there's no way the rotoras didn't slow down WAY faster (unless lock up). Stock GTR does what, 127M from 100km/hr? supposedly this setup up from rotora +abs is under 100M. I believe it, it's so rediculous how they stop.

Good choice anyways, they'll look and work great. So they're nissan 350z or infiniti g35?
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

OEM 2009+ 370Z 'Sport' Brakes and G37 'Sport' (or maybe Infiniti 'Premium' or some crap)....

Either way, some are branded Infiniti and some are branded Nissan. The logo disapeares once painted anyways, as it's not a raised or hard logo.

Comment

If your brakes can lock up your tires then theoretically having bigger brakes won't make you stop faster. It will however help with resistance to brake fade as they have more available heatsink area and will dissipate heat faster.

Like the title states I am looking for a stock or sclose to stock ecu for my gts-t so that I can remove my PFC. Thanks a lot

"Car & Driver did a test a few years ago ...Test Car was a WRX (US Spec which only uses two piston sliding caliper, not as good as Nissan 4 spot or later Model WRX 4 pots)

So tested kits were, std car, std car with upgraded pads and fluid, Brembo F50 Kit, Brembo Lotus Kit (Similar to as fitted to GTRs, 44/38mm pistons), Stoptech it and Prodrive Kit (Alcon)

Stopping Distances 70mph - 0 , 3 Stop
                      Brembo F50;_____________ 185 / 183 (Average / Best)
                      Brembo Lotus; ______________ 200 / 196
                      Prodrive; __________________ 198 / 194
                      StopTech;__________________ 187 / 186
                      Stock; ____________________ 205 / 196
                      Stck with pads and fluid; ____187 / 184

The above figures are all in feet, one stop difference between pad and fluid upgrade to crappy sliding caliper brake setup and massive Brembos is 1 ft...lol 30cms And over 3 stops the average is 2 ft...lol 60cms

So you can see the one stop max of the upgraded pads and fluid is damn good when you consider the $$$ to % difference.

Stopping Distances 100mph - 0 , 25 Stop
                      Brembo F50; _____________ 299 / 288 (Average / Best)
                      Brembo Lotus; ______________305 / 294
                      Prodrive; __________________ 308 / 295
                      StopTech;__________________ 297 / 290
                      Stock;_____________________ 340/317
                      Stck with pads and fluid;_____316/299

Not the world of difference you would be led to believe by the "you need 6pot caliper 343mm rotor crowd.""

I'll personally be sticking with stock calipers for now, probably upgrading my pads/rotors... but as you can see there isn't much of a difference in the tests and IMO big brake kits are a waste of money unless you track your car HARD.

The differences in stopping distances IMO can be attributed to a lot beside the actual size of the brakes

-Tires and tire pressures between the test cars
                      -Brake fluid age and how hygroscopic it is/water content
                      -Big brake kits do appear to remove some unsprung weight, which will help with stopping distance
                      1991 Black GTR

Comment

Nice info. It seems I wasted $4500 on brakes like wasting $15k on a 20 year old car that should have been an evo X.

The brake color is nice anyways, goes good with the rims, I don't regret wasting money since my wife would have spent it instead lol. I lost a bit of weight I guess.

Caliper Weight (loaded caliper): Rear (4 piston)
                        ROTORA: 9.7 lbs / STOCK:17.5 lbs.
                        Oversize Disc Weight:
                        ROTORA: 18.6 lbs. / STOCK: 20 lbs.
                        Oversize Disc Dimension:
                        ROTORA: 330mm x 32mm / STOCK: 296mm x 32mm

A total weight savings of 9 lbs. per side! And that's just the rears.

I wonder why my stock brakes with good OEM rotors and hawk pads had such a huge difference compared to the rotora on the same car, same fluid? Maybe the world was turning faster against me that day I hammered on the new brakes That or the Stainless steel lines over stock made the difference. Or my ceramic H6 pads. Shoulda done my research I guess, like wanting over 500whp on pump gas rofl, right.

I'll never know. I should have just kicked over a bit more cash and go down in style.

I should have gone the way Allan figured out with the G37/370Z setup....
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

I should have gone the way Allan figured out with the G37/370Z setup....
                          I can't take any credit for 'figuring it out'.....I was pointed in that direction by someone else and have never been more happy.
                          It just made sense for what I was trying to accomplish.

- big brake upgrade.
                          - readilly available OEM parts...in North America (no special order JDM stuff)
                          - easy maintenance, even at a drive-through brake change place if needed.
                          - a complete packaged, engineered to work together, Front & Rear.
                          - Cheap, Cheap, Cheap....

That's it.

Comment

Nice catch Allan, let me know how the delivery and install goes, I might follow your lead if you don't mind..

Doug

Comment

so some agree to upgrade factory pads and rotors. which companies make rotors that will fit a stock gtr. or what rotors are you planning to upgrade too?

Comment

Working...
                              X