Innovate DB gauge install (Wideband) issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innovate DB gauge install (Wideband) issues

I bought an Innovate wideband (DB gauge) but can't figure out how to mount the thing. Has no brackets or nothing, just a gauge and some plastic thing that LOOKS like a mount tho the screws are waaaay to short to use it.. Any ideas?

Also, it's very short from the control box so I think I need to drill through the floor? not go into the engine bay?

I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Here's the way I installed mine. I mounted the gauge on the passenger side of the cluster and ran the wires down into the radio area and then to the passenger foot well. I then ran the wires through a rubber grommet on the passenger side firewall (you can get access from under the dash). I used heat shielding for fuel lines (looks like aluminum foil) to protect the wires going to the "black box" from the exhaust. I mounted the "black box" under the floor board near the frame rail using a few small holes drilled through the floor board and zip ties (so it's protected from bottoming out) and then screwed the 2 sensor into a bung where the 2 turbo downpipes merge together. It's important you ground everything properly because the LC-1 is very sensitive.

heres a pic of the gauge

Comment

The actual piece I used to mount the gauge is just a universal 52mm gauge mount from ebay, IIRC I payed 7 usd shipped for it.

Comment

My cable comes up through the floor at the shifter. The gauge is mounted in the OEM 3 gauge pod location. The mounting hardware works fine.
        Wingnut installed it though, so he might have dug out some better hardware if whatever it came with was inadequate.

Cheers,
        Dan
        sigpic
        The Beaumont Connection

Comment

I'll check it out on my next 6 days off

Dan, That sounds like what I was thinking of doing but couldn't remember how much clearance there was between the transmission and the opening... I check things out. My gauge doesn't seem to have any mounting hardware lol.

On a side note, anyone using "KNOCK BOX" knock sensors? It seems I don't have the right wire connectors to go with these. I got them from Lightspeed last year. Never tried them and now it may be too late for trade in....
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

Working...
          X