Lights not working....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights not working....

The dash lights on my r32 GTR are not coming on when i turn my headlights on, neither are my tail lights, break lights work fine though, i checked and replaced all the fused inside the dash to make sure that wasn't the problem, but still nothing works. Any ideas?
    '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
    '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

i have the same problem anyone got any info???

Comment

ok, anyone in the hamilton area who can solve this problem for me, as its stopping me from passing my safety test, im willing to provide the beer and pizza o.o

Comment

Do your headlights work fine on High and Low? I had some funny light issues I eventually chased down to the switch. I took the switch out (kinda a PITA) and disassembled/cleaned it and it works fine now. The connector was pretty burned looking, I think it may have had something to do with my HID kit (now removed) pulling too much power through the old switch...

Comment

Headlights come on (cept the 1 thats burned out) but dash/center console/tail lights wont come on, ive checked the switch/fuses, replaced every fuse in the car and still got nothing

Comment

just took the switch apart, was pretty clean

Comment

Similar problems here. Headlights do not come on, but can flash them pulling the signal lever back. So ground is good.
              Dash and running lights come on.

Swapped in the headlight relay from another working Skyline. No change

Swapped in the multifunction switch (signal/high.low) from another working Skyline. No change

Got a headlight switch from Japan (used) no change

Originally the headlights only worked on one side, so when I switched to Accord lights for DOT I put both on the one side.
              That worked for about a year.

There has to be something else in the system.

Comment

found my problem, the entire plug/wiring has been fried... literally, its black like it was lit on fire.... followed the cable and it also blew out a few relays, so going to have to take it in somewhere cause its something i cant fix, anyone know of a place in hamilton that could help?

Comment

How did you take yours apart? I want to check mine. Since I have the same problem.
                  Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

my problem wasnt actually my problem, the wire connected to the switch was black and chared, but that wasnt the problem after i replace it as of right now, ive been tracing every wire to find any shorts or lose/unconnected wires, but havent found anything, as of replacing the relay, according to people on here the relay i thought blew has nothing todo with the lights.
                    Last edited by Nexsys; 08-09-2010, 06:20 PM.

Comment

i had this problem with my car, it turned out it was a live light wire just barely sticking out by the pedals and i guess i managed to push it up into my steering column and it was shorting out against the steering column, and it was blowing fuses under the dash and tail lights, dash lights didnt work, cant remember if headlights worked or not, and the lights on my climate control were on the brightest setting even when my headlights were turned on, maybe it is something this simple
                      1989 GTS-T daily driver (except winter) 15.6 1/4 in calgary @ 95mph love it

Comment

i have this same problem. Dash lights do not turn on as well as my corner lights and far right driver tail light ( but tail lights or brake lights all illuminate when foot on brake).
                        1992 R32 GTS-T Type M

Comment

Was working fine up untill after i installed my stereo deck. Didnt think i disconnected or pulled anything out of place so i have checked all wires around the center console and under dash which i have concluded are still connected as before. No blown fuses and no blown or charred light switch. Everything is clean. Such a mystery as it was working perfectly before Symptoms are still as stated above. I am able to get my headlights working but front corners, tails, and dash still refuses illuminate.
                          1992 R32 GTS-T Type M

Comment

By far the most annoying problem. The Headlight switch is crap. I rewired my headlight and dash to new switches...
                            Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

YEUUH!! my problem is solved, after pulling apart the dash, center console, following wires, attatching and detaching fuses. It was so simple and i actually feel really stupid.. i guess i just didnt check my fuses too well(half ashed it). Figured out my problems by checking every single fuse under the dash clearly looking at every single detail of the fusebox and fuses. Tail lights and meter, were the two blown fuses when i looked closely through it's transparent walls. I feel kind of stupid but did'nt notice till an hour ago that one of the previous owners were running 20A on both the tail lights and meter when they were suppose to be 10A. Blown fuses/fire hazard were just bound to happen.. however, in solving my problem, i now have a battery just struggling to stay alive.
                              1992 R32 GTS-T Type M

Comment

Working...
                              X