Carbon fiber tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon fiber tubes

Does anyone know who makes them? or Can any one makes them? I need more than just a straight pipe. It's going to need some bends.
    Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

What is it for? We sell carbon funnels but not tubes. Sounds like it will need to be custom?
    RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
    http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
    1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

try these guys: Carbon Fiber Panels/Sheets, Fabric/Cloth, COLORED Carbon/Kevlar, Composite Envisions

they do custom work
      1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
      1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

I am trying to use it for intake piping.

Thanks boyscout, I will give them a try.

Comment

Originally posted by c-unit View Post
          i am trying to use it for intake piping.
          baller!
          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Since there wont be any force apply..I wonder if it'll be possible to DIY.

Comment

i guess you could design the piping out of drying machine flex tubing, or something similar, then wrap it with a CF cloth and epoxy the crap out of it ?

or better yet, get the alunium drying machine flex tubing, 3" dia would suffice i think, then deform it exactly how you would want your piping to be, then once its done, fill it with expension foam, cut the aluminum off, then wrap the foam in CF, then heat it up for the foam to melt
              Last edited by frankiman; 07-23-2010, 10:23 PM.
              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

That was kinda my plan, using some hard plastic pipe and make all the angle needed. Just wondering if vaccum bagging is necessary for such item.

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
                  That was kinda my plan, using some hard plastic pipe and make all the angle needed. Just wondering if vaccum bagging is necessary for such item.
                  You don't need to vacuum cure since it is more of a cosmetic component. Here's a quick link on CF intake tube:

Composite engineering - trying to make carbon fiber intake tube??

Comment

Working...
                  X