Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AIRCARE test count - survey - How many times did it take you to pass ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIRCARE test count - survey - How many times did it take you to pass ???

24 fricking times...

long story short fuel pressure,,, plugs,, O2,,, ECU programming,, and lots of $$$$$

post your count
    Last edited by kengeroo; 07-25-2010, 11:18 AM.

managed to pass on my first try. Although at the time, I had stock downpipe and cat. All i had was a mines chipped ecu, an ancient trust air filter, and a catback. I'm also fairly certain I had a massive boost leak at the intercooler at the time, as well.

Now I have a full 3-3.5" zaust, apexi filter, 12psi, front mount and a stock ecu.

I'm not looking forward to aircare this time around.

Comment

Failed 1st time with cat converter ,hks 3.5 from downpipe all the way to 4 inck dragger exhaust, chip ecu , hks FMIC, Blitz air cleaner , blitz BOV etc... Took it for a 15 min . spirited drive and
      Pass second time with flying colors with all the mods
      Seafoam works wonderful
      A BIRD ON YOUR HAND ** **** ON YOUR WRIST

Comment

Passed first time with a blown out cat, custom chipped ecu, instake, exhaust, etc etc.
        -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

Originally posted by R33rr View Post
          Failed 1st time with cat converter ,hks 3.5 from downpipe all the way to 4 inck dragger exhaust, chip ecu , hks FMIC, Blitz air cleaner , blitz BOV etc... Took it for a 15 min . spirited drive and
          Pass second time with flying colors with all the mods
          Seafoam works wonderful
          I'm willing to bet that you passed the second time because of the spirited drive before hand. Beat the **** out of the poor thing on the way to aircare to get the cat nice and hot so that it works better. Then when you're sitting in line, hold the engine at 1500-2000rpm. At least thats what I've heard. Although beaverguy passing with a blown cat kind of makes me laugh.

Comment

I aim to please!

It was all in the ECU tuning
            -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

12 times.

tried a bunch of **** and every **** out there.

Best method was heating up cat via high way driving in high rpm, 50% methyl hydrate in gas tank, retard ignition timing via CAS.

Previously was failing due to high CO and HC. (rich)

Comment

3 times. 2 times were in TEST mode without a cat and 3rd time was me breaking down and putting a cat on it then it passed no problem
                1990 Gts-t type M w/ holset hy35
                2003 police interceptor
                1992 dodge stealth r/t twin turbo
                1994 Mitsubishi expo
                1991 mitsubishi chariot 4g63

"She likes to be Forced"
                "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

Comment

once but just
                  co .56
                  hc ??
                  i asked if i passed and they looked at me weird and said kinda
                  then okay no you passed

so i must have jusssssst passed

full clean up and tune up time

Comment

Sorry guys - first try for mine.
                    '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
                    at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

well i failed my first time and still havent figured it out. i am welding 3 cats together this week. got new o2s and i am going bak next friday with 20% meth. ill let you guys know how it goes
                      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Vancouver Sun offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Comment

Well, got my cat back on for aircare, now i'm waiting for a nice (IE: No rain) day so that I can beat the living piss out of the old thing on the way to get it tested. Crossin' mah fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                            well i failed my first time and still havent figured it out. i am welding 3 cats together this week. got new o2s and i am going bak next friday with 20% meth. ill let you guys know how it goes
                            The main reason why Nissan stopped producing the inline 6 was because it was getting too tough to pass air care standards I remember reading.
                            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                            lol

Comment

I've been for 2 etests with my beast and have passed both times on the first try. The drives there were awesome and the etests only cost me 35 each
                              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Working...
                              X