aftermarket dump pipes off ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket dump pipes off ebay

so has anyone used these ? and are they worth considering or are they terribad ?

TWO Stainless Turbo Dumps GTR RB26 DETT RB26DET Nissan: eBay Motors (item 350343893873 end time Aug-18-10 23:52:52 PDT)

They dont fit right and they leak so no i wouldnt say they are really worth it. it is possible to make them work nice but its a fair bit of work. the best if you are on a budget is to find a used set of name brand ones suck as Tomei.

Comment

Yea I assumed i'd have to grind the mounting flanges flat and polish out the welds on the inside which i dont mind doing because I have the tools to make a good job of it.

What doesnt fit right about them ?

Comment

Contact the guys at Pur or Federal. They have been known to fabricate nice 304 stainless exhaust pieces at really good prices.
        Cross promotion FTW.

Comment

There is a thread on here somewhere about someone who purchased generic dump pipes off eBay, and they didn't fit at all, complete waste of money.
          As Matty said, get Pur of Federal to fab up something for you, or we can supply Tomei, HKS or HPI outlet pipes for you as well.
          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

These are what I would called the dumb Chinese copies, or should I say "copy". The dump pipes for the front turbo and real turbo for the DETT are different, but these smart guys can't see the slight differences and just copy the real X2. Now if you can find another dumb Chinese factory who only copied the front dump pipe then you are good. Just a heads up I would also stay away from exhaust headers for the DETT. On the flange connection with the turbo there should be a shout straight piece about 3/8 to 1/2 in long, but someone decided to save some time and effort and skip this short piece. So why do you need this short straight piece? so it can clear the turbo inlet housing from the first long header pipe!

Comment

points taken ,

glad i asked before i bought them lol

Comment

Good tip is usually don't buy ANYTHING off of eBay unless it's a confirmed namebrand part. Too many Chinese knockoffs floating around out there that'll break immediately
                Originally posted by kengeroo
                that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                ...don't drink and ebay
                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

If its a part that has to fit 100% dont get the chinese knockoff, now if it were say intercooler piping or something simple like a test pipe then its usually ok.
                  Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

I have actually held my HKS dumps up next to a set of the Ebay specials that a friend bought and when seeing them side by side, it was easy to understand why HKS charges what they do and the Ebay ones are a couple hundred. I think that by the time he had them mounted/fixed/modified, the cost due to time spent was similar to buying a proper set in the first place.

Comment

I got a Tomei set. They seemed to be the best value for money I could find.
                      My Garage:
                      1990 Nissan Skyline GTR Nismo Edition - Action Hotdog Go!
                      2008 Audi RS4 - Hand Banana
                      1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT- Dirty Winter Car
                      1988 Toyota Supra Base - Trojan Judas Hairnet Battle Tree.

Comment

Working...
                      X