Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hicas Problem on my 91 NIssan Skyline GTS-t (Any Advice?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hicas Problem on my 91 NIssan Skyline GTS-t (Any Advice?)

I was drifting and my back tire hit a cement pole that was at the base of a parking lot light. My Skyline hit the pole on the right rear but on the back half of my rim where the Hicas bar is. There is some body damage but not to bad. My wheel is pushed in on he back half and pushed out on the front half. The rim is not bend and the tire is fine. But my Hicas bar is bend. I looked over the rear end a thousand times and what I saw exactly this. Hicas bar is bend from the wheel hub to the Hicus boot. The upper and lower control arms look fine but I am going to replace then any ways.

So I was wondering if I can run my Skyline with no Hicas on the right rear but still have it working on the other 3 corners???

Any advice will be awesome! thnx!

i would just put a hicas lock bar its so much better for drifting
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by foxracingcanada004 View Post
      i would just put a hicas lock bar its so much better for drifting
      +1 ...
      03 lancer dead
      68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
      05 chevy silverado L33
      2010 crv Wife's ride
      1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Originally posted by rbjohnny View Post
        ... no Hicas on the right rear but still have it working on the other 3 corners???

Any advice will be awesome! thnx!
        HICAS only affects the rear wheels. Essentially what you've done is bent your right hand HICAS tie rod. Just replace it, but you will need a rear-wheel alignment. They are cheap here: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=390152434665

With respect to "drifting", the HICAS reads road speed from the front ABS sensors, and you're probably not at any speed where the HICAS would activate in any significant manner. A lock bar is a lot of unnecessary work, unless you already have leaks, etc.

Comment

If you have a free weekend and jack stands/tools riping out the lines and rack isn't to hard. There is a DIY for the hicas lock bar in the "do it yourself" section.

After that like the boyz said go get a wheel alignment.
          Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

ok awesome guys. thanx!

Comment

Or you could just drift and even it out on the other side.... Just kidding. Get a full lock out kit from Braden@jnsimports. He got me a awesome setup for mine.
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

I just have my HICAS turned off. I find no need in having it turned on.
                '91 Skyline GTS-T

Comment

High Capacity Actively Controlled Steering (HICAS) Was designed to improve handling. After reading about your situation, My advice would be not to remove it, because decreased handling would mean crashing into more poles

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                    Or you could just drift and even it out on the other side.... Just kidding. Get a full lock out kit from Braden@jnsimports. He got me a awesome setup for mine.
                    best answer yet.
                    Double track drift, yo.
                    http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Eliminate it with a lock bar or complete removal kit that eliminates the rear tie rods. Remove all of its plumbing. Win.

Come on, you know you want to be a winner.

Comment

I have a Tomei Hicas Lock for sale, lol. Driving it on a bent tie rod will make your car unstable at higher speeds and wear your rear tire excessively. Get it patched up ASAP or like mentioned above, lock it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
                        -Bruce Lee

Comment

Tomei Hicas lock +1
                          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                          X