r33 switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r33 switch question

newb question here, anyone knows what the button under the steering wheel does?its on the left side above your left knee. sory i got no pics but duno how to post em..anyways the button looks like theres a "Y" in the middle with a triangle that looks like a tent on both sides..lol..thx

while u guys are on this whats the bottle in the trunk inside the right panel?
    is it for the awd fluids?

Isn't that button for the telescoping function on the column?

Also, HICAS fluid in the trunk.
    Originally posted by kengeroo
    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
    ...don't drink and ebay
    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

The switch is for raising and lowering the power antennae. Snake is right about the fluid.

Comment

Ah, power antenna! That's what it is Thanks for the info, Colin. I wasn't sure on that one :P
        ...don't drink and ebay
        '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

haha so sick..u can control antenna height..i was wondering for a long time what that did..the pic on the button made no sence to me..thx for the info..
          cuz my car cant keep a charge..got to boost it every 2 weeks..(its parked) i thought that button leaves something on that drains the battery when its off..still trying to figure out why it wont start if i dont start it in 2 weeks when battery is new

Comment

Hicas fluid in the trunk? I must be missing something, I've stripped my R33 and never came across this. I thought R33's had electrically controlled hicas. I had a Gts25t mind you, so I'm not sure if the GTR is different in that regard.

Comment

Yeah, it is electrically controlled...now I'm gonna go back and check again tonite...:?

Comment

Whoa, totally forgot the 33's were electronic! In that case... wtf is that reservoir for? If it's not HICAS fluid, then...?
                ...don't drink and ebay
                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Ah, it is the resevoir for torque split control, tracked it down on FAST.

Comment

Haha sweet i got something right! I was like you guys have me so confused right now. But on another note, you;ve confused me again. What is torque split control? and is it GTR specific?

Comment

The ATTESA all wheel drive system will redirect torque from front to rear and side to side on the 95 and up GTR's. I think it also controls the ABS as well on the 95+ models.

Comment

ATTESSA was my second guess :P
                        ...don't drink and ebay
                        '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Only the 95 and up V-SPEC are equipped with ATTESSA-ETS PRO with active rear lsd that transfers torque left and right only at the rear wheels

Comment

Working...
                          X