awd not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awd not working

i have a gts4 which has been sitting for awhile,while TRYING!! to drive in some snowif noticed! the attesa system is not working, the 4wd light is off, and torque meter shows torque to front but definetly no power to front wheels? the engine is a r33 rb25 attesa engine and i have an aem ems, any ideas of what to start looking at first would be appreciated. when i had the rb20 in it everything worked fine?

Check Attessa fluid, relay/fuses, and wiring connections.
    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
    1969 Cooper S. Restored
    1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

That's odd. If the Atessa doesn't see an issue (unless your AWD light is burned out), there shouldn't be one, especially if your torque gauge reads fluctuations. Have you checked out if there's a code on the Atessa unit in the boot? The R32 Atessa is quite fishtail happy in rain, ice and snow. Is there a chance you just think it's not working though it is?

Fluid issues would fault on pressure fail, fuse/power problem would not show any torque up front and an AWD light/code in the boot.
      Last edited by NismoS-tune; 02-18-2011, 09:49 PM.
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Did you check to see if the front wheels were spinning, skyline awd system sucks in the snow, any sideways motion and the ets limits power to the front wheels, probably why it feels like the front wheels arent doing anything. awd my ass
        NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

fluids good, light not burnt out, thanks for all the input, it has a custom torque splitter switch and i can turn up torque to front ,so i'll check some wiring, but your comments about me just thinking its not working because of the rear slippage in snow might be closer to the solution, i was moving it out of my shop were its stored and the tires are definetely not for winter use!!!

Comment

Working...
          X