Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! 4WD issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP!!! 4WD issues

    Hey guys im hoping someone can answer this question, and I have searched high and low for an answer and yet have found one, just a bunch of "possible solutions for it"

    So I started striping my car to remove any possible extra weight and get any starting floor problems, Im sitting in my car at idle after and I hear a clicking in my trunk so I found it to be my relay for my 4wd(bought a new one still the same), it keeps going off and on every 8 seconds, when this happens my car surges a bit and also the hicas light will blink. Its weird and I have read countless forms with lots of other Skyline owner with the same issues, but..... no one has ever put the reason or the explanation, the previous owner wired in a switch to a fuse to disable the 4wd but apon inspection of his wiring he totally missed one of his wires in a crimp clip, maybe thats why mine is weird
    With the original fuse put back in the car still clicks and it also clicks rapidly when I rev the engine up, (which it never did until I removed the hack job switch)

    So in asking hear I hope to put a pin point to this problem, and also figure out if this is normal, and what need to do to fix it if it is faulty

    thanks everyone
    Last edited by Collector1313; 04-14-2011, 09:34 AM.
    always building .... Finally own a 1993 BNR32

  • #2
    To Clarify:
    What is clicking? The ATTESSA ECU? something else?
    Did you completely remove all the wiring? Did you check to see if the switch also tied into the HICAS ECU? Did he remove any original wiring that you are not aware of?

    One thing I have noticed ATTESSA related which I have not seen anywhere else (I was going to post about this next week) is that the torque meter in the dash will move even if you are in neutral, not moving and just reving. This can be many things which I will leave to my post, but it maybe relevant to you if the rev range also induces 4WD to come in.

    Also, this may be a silly question and seems to be implied in your post, but Does your 4WD work at all?

    Check out my YouTube Channel - HERE
    Check out FS Motorsports - HERE

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the get back on my problem, its the relay in the back beside the trunk catch, 4wd relay, for sure the relay and nothing else making the noise.
      As for my 4wd working im pretty sure it does, when I pull the fuse rear lights up easy and when its in the car just gets going instead.
      For other wiring im positive there is nothing else, the previous owner put in, broke every clip and panel on the way, he was not very mechanical inclined, unlike me.

      And all your questions are welcome, I want to figure this out because lots of people seem to have this problem
      and thanks for reading and understanding what I am trying to describe,

      the relay is actually going off and on, causing a clicking sound every 8 secs. and more when I rev it
      some people have said its the relay that controls the ATTESSA pump or something like that
      but..... thats where im lost lol but I will figure it out with a bit of help from the great help on the form
      Last edited by Collector1313; 04-14-2011, 06:08 PM.
      always building .... Finally own a 1993 BNR32

      Comment


      • #4
        Your Noise!

        This is the E-TS Actuator Relay makes a click and that takes a lot of amperage momentarily.

        Combined with the E-TS oil pressure unit, it keeps pressure (stanby) for the 4WD system. At the time that the decent pressure below its nominal value, it activates the relay that makes up the pressure at its maximum value, the leak is due to the internal leakage of the pump or other system component

        When you put the key to 'on ' you hear a system is pressurizing, its him.

        Rejoice! tell you that your system working properly !!

        Comment


        • #5
          well that would explain some of it for sure, i know i have some fluid slowly sweating from a few seal underneath so that could be why it is telling the pump to kick in so much, I will check it out tomorrow to see what else I can pin-point.
          So the switch that was wired improperly would not of affected anything in my system or could of it screwed up my computer for the 4wd system
          thanks
          and feel free to ad any other help and explanation on how the ATTESSA work together
          always building .... Finally own a 1993 BNR32

          Comment

          Working...
          X