help a noob with another series 1 or 2 RB25 question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help a noob with another series 1 or 2 RB25 question please

Im going to guess series 1 because of the obvious bolts in where the ignitor should be but would like confirmation please

thanks

Kyle
    Originally posted by funkymonkey
    You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

I have personally never seen a series one next to a Swiss two but I don't imagine you could tell just by that. Shouldn't there be a code on the back of the engine.

Go to the second picture on the bottom right of your engine there should be a code that says rb25, and should be followed by a few numbers or letters. I imagine that would be your reference point. I remember seeing this when I had my engine out
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

do you have the turbo that came with it? if so, what are the brandings on the compressor housing?
      - Adam

:
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
        I have personally never seen a series one next to a Swiss two but I don't imagine you could tell just by that. Shouldn't there be a code on the back of the engine.

Go to the second picture on the bottom right of your engine there should be a code that says rb25, and should be followed by a few numbers or letters. I imagine that would be your reference point. I remember seeing this when I had my engine out
        i had already posted that number in a seperate thread trying to find out that info that way with no luck

Kyle
        You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by amnash View Post
          do you have the turbo that came with it? if so, what are the brandings on the compressor housing?
          No i will be getting the engine as it sits there, plus a flywheel. its still in another province so i can only use these photos to figure it out for now lol

Comment

ah i dunno then. maybe ask seller if he has the turbo just for reference..see if he can sell u a pic.
            - Adam

:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

no he got the motor in a trade from another person who he doesnt know that kept that turbo. all i have access to is what i have here, which makes it hard. i guess ill just have to pick it up and go from there..

Its really seems like a waste to even put an engine code on the block if there is no way to look it up and get the purtinent info..

Kyle

Comment

Do you happen to have a part number on the coil packs in it? The ones in the series 2 come with ignition directly built into the coilpack and are a completely different number. From the looks of it I would say these should match up with a rb20 coil pack. Try that one man. In the mean time I will keep thinking.....

Comment

i will ask for a picture of the coilpacks. thanks

Comment

Kyle its an S1 motor.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
                    For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

thanks Adam! lol

Kyle

Comment

Just for for a little clarification.... Adam how the he'll did you know that just by looking at it? I don't see many differences between the 2 and would like to know for possible future reference.

Comment

Working...
                        X