New Walbro fuel pump cuting out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Walbro fuel pump cuting out???

just had a Walbro fuel pump installed. the car is sputtering and dieing intermittently
    The sending unit is not in good shape,

I isolated the wires from the sending unit and just ran 2 wire straight to the pump.
    still not working

Has anyone had the Walbro pump crap out on them?

I ordered a new sending unit and plan to do more tests to see if its the pump or electrical. But I don't know where to start.
    1993 GTR
    1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

f*ck electrical snags suck..
    good luck man
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

are you sure you had a genuine walbro?

Comment

I've had several walbro pumps crap out on me , all genuine walbro pumps . Use a supra pump instead or a nismo maybe ?

Comment

Ya my first choice was Tomei $$$$$$ hey how much are Nismo's
          How did you know it crapped out
          I am think of hooking up my multimeter and if It has constant voltage when it craps out. I figure its the pump.
          1993 GTR

Comment

I bought a tomei pump for something like 500$ or something. Not bad when you know it's going to be reliable
            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Hey <cschepp> thanks agiain. I am shopping for a Tomei right now.
              ---Domestic sucks----
              1993 GTR

Comment

Did you run new wiring or use the old wires( just wondering because gtr pumps are two staged through ground)

Comment

When you ran the wires to the pump did was it after the relay? Ive heard of people having problems with the relays going for a dump. I bypassed mine so the pump runs constant, this will shorten the life of the pump of course, but id rather have that than a shoddy relay causing problems.
                  I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

read another thread: cut open the harness in the trunk and run the large brown wire(ground) to the strut tower or floor

What do you think?
                    1993 GTR

Comment

I don't know if that's too good of a ground there man. Is it bare metal?

Comment

I might be selling my tomei if I can find the right upgrade. Tomei are good but there's better options for the price they are.
                        No build thread.
                        1991 nissan
                        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Hey guys I just put a walbro in my gtr and it was working fine now it's cutting out and bogging down just like the stock pump. if u look at this picture, that little clip that's hanging to the right was a second ground on the stock pump but the walbro didn't have a place to ground it so I grounded it to the pump just like the stock unit could that maybe be the issue?
                          Also I keep reading to ground a brown wire in the trunk I just cut the thick brown wire and it is a dual wire (wire in a wire) and I grounded that straight to ground but still no luck. Would appreciate any help

Comment

I would consider the installation of a fuel pressure gauge and then watch what the fuel pressure is doing during the bogging.

It may not be the fuel pump at all.

Comment

Isn't there a common ground in the trunk the is common to **** out on the gtrs? I have heard something like this before. Hopefully the right person that knows what I'm talkig about can chime in

Comment

Working...
                              X