Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defi oil temp sensor doesn't fit. What thread pitch is the OEM oil temp sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defi oil temp sensor doesn't fit. What thread pitch is the OEM oil temp sensor?

For sure not 1/8BSPT or NPT. Thought it was M12 x 1.5 but it's not either, close but not quite. What the heck could it be? Just need some kind of adapter. Defi says nothing.....

I wouldn't think it's M10 cause M12 does fit a few thread but looking closely, there's slitgly more threads on whatever the OEM oil sensor is... Thanks
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

I dont know what the thread is , but the defi oil pressure and temp sensors i have fit fine in a grex remote oil filter block if that helps

Comment

are you sure you're not trying to thread the oil pressure sensor into the oil temp hole? or vice versa??

if not... then I hate to suggest this, but you may have knock-off Defi units... where did u buy them from?

The proof and reason why I suggest this is my own engine... heres a picture of both defi oil temp and pressure sensors installed in my RB26 block in the stock oem location for both. the larger one, with a metal cylinder and sitting perpendicular to the oil filter is the pressure sensor, the small brass thing right beside the filter is the temp sensor
      Last edited by archaeic_bloke; 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM.
      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

I spend nearly $2000 on defi so theyre legit.

As for oil pressure that is 1/8bspt or npt which is fine but the oem oil temp sensor is actually M12x1.25 which I confirmed after posting this which is the case in the oem location and my hks filter relocation block. The defi sensors are ONLY 1/8npt or 1/8pt (bspt).
        Your picture shows 2 defi sensors 1 temp 1 press transducer. However the temp sensor you're showing me is not in the oem location (looks like someone tapped in in next to the press trans reciever) which explains why yours fit. The oem sensor is to the right and behind the filter if I recall. Did you install those or did a shop do it?

So. Really I need a 1/8npt female to M12x1.25 male adapter... My M12x1.5 isn't quiet fitting
        Last edited by Bruizer; 06-01-2011, 01:28 AM.
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

Comment

Originally posted by cortexx View Post
          I dont know what the thread is , but the defi oil pressure and temp sensors i have fit fine in a grex remote oil filter block if that helps
          Grex>hks I guess haha. The hks only has 2 ports (1/8npt which is my oil Pressure now and m12x1.25 which is oem oil temp) the defi sensor is much longer than oem too so I can't just tap it in anywhere, that and unlike the picture, I dOnt have an oem oil cooler worse case I'll Jimmy up more fancy AN stuff...
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
            I spend nearly $2000 on defi so theyre legit.

As for oil pressure that is 1/8bspt or npt which is fine but the oem oil temp sensor is actually M12x1.25 which I confirmed after posting this which is the case in the oem location and my hks filter relocation block. The defi sensors are ONLY 1/8npt or 1/8pt (bspt).
            Your picture shows 2 defi sensors 1 temp 1 press transducer. However the temp sensor you're showing me is not in the oem location (looks like someone tapped in in next to the press trans reciever) which explains why yours fit. The oem sensor is to the right and behind the filter if I recall. Did you install those or did a shop do it?

So. Really I need a 1/8npt female to M12x1.25 male adapter... My M12x1.5 isn't quiet fitting
            you're right actually, I remember the oem pressure sensor is on the other side, my bad! a shop installed these for me. maybe you can do the same?
            The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
              you're right actually, I remember the oem pressure sensor is on the other side, my bad! a shop installed these for me. maybe you can do the same?
              Np. As for tapping a new hole there is no where. The hks sandwich plate only has 1 boss which is 12x1.25 and the filter block has a 1/8npt (for oil pressure) and a 12x1.25. Im trying a dye on my 12x1.5 adapter tonight and worse case I'll block out the hole to M14x1.5 or 1.25 if the housing is big enough. I know I can get those adapters
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

Comment

OP, what's the result? I'm curious to know what happened.

Comment

Working...
                X